Unique Holiday Gift Guide for All Ages with the best Holiday gift ideas that will save you time, allowing to spend more time with family doing what you love!
Unique Holiday Gift Guide for All Ages!
Can you believe it is Thanksgiving! It means it is time to have our lists done! And we better be checking it once and checking it twice since we really do not want to end up with toys that are only played with once, or with gifts that we wish we had never got! Trust me, I’ve been there, done it! But, today is your lucky day since I have done all the thinking and prepping for you with this Unique Holiday Gift Guide for All Ages! So, all you have to do is determine your budget, and click on a picture to buy it! Yes, that simple! You will find the best Holiday Gift Ideas for wide age range as well as timeless gifts for ages 1-100! And, once you are done, do something special with the time you just saved!
Ok, back to the Holiday Gift list. Here, I will be sharing with you some of our TOP played toys, books, and materials, as well as some gift ideas for HER since so many of you, have voted to have the adult category included as well.
GIFTS THAT GROWN WITH YOU
In this category, I am sharing gifts, toys, and books that will grow with your child and with you! So, basically timeless gifts that you will enjoy ages 2-100! (1) First, our most played STEM “toy” in the house currently is Connetix Tiles – colorful beveled designed transparent magnets, which foster creativity, imagination and learning through PLAY! They are made from food-grade ABS plastic with inverted design, making Connetix Tiles stronger and more scratch-resistant. They come in either 62 or 100 piece sets. Follow on Instagram HERE.
(2) Secondly, I am super excited to offer my NEW eBook: THE BASICS ~ Bringing Montessori Home ~ Birth to Age Six for PRE-ORDERS where you can save 20% off the release price. In my eBook, I am offering you pivoting information, presented in an organized manner, with graphs and charts, about what I have learned during the ten-year research, while devouring numerous books and resources, taking notes, organizing the key points and creating outlines. Most importantly, I am sharing what has WORKED for us, as well as which aspects of Montessori philosophy are the most useful so that parents and educators can bring Montessori home and not miss any critical developmental windows of sensitivity when children learn like sponges! I hope you will follow along and welcome from the heart this beautiful and wholesome method that centers on the CHILD, and, deep in my heart, I hope to ignite the love of learning and make the educational process desirable and less daunting!
(3) The Kindness Elves (an alternative to the Elf on The Shelf) are magical friends who love nothing more than to sprinkle kindness and joy wherever they go! This simple, yet powerful, idea of spreading kindness amongst kids has become incredibly popular with parents and teachers alike. (4) New FUN and EASY Crafting with Recycled Materials book by my friend Kim @BestIdeasForKids offers you 60 original and fun projects that reimagine paper rolls, egg cartons, jars and more into colorful decorations, amazing wearable masks, hats, and jewelry or even sturdy desk organizers, puzzles and paint palettes. The book is releasing December 3rd, so preorder now! (5) Sensory Invitations to Play Cards are a must-have “recipe book” for sensory play! Essentially, they are an activity book in a unique format consisting of 52 brilliant ideas and sensory recipes on large cards to use with young children at home or in the classroom! No more rummaging through notes or looking up for recipes on your computer! Anna’s @ImaginationTree cards got you covered and (6) Finally, I am excited to share with you Maggy’s @RedTedArt new Paper Crafts for Kids Book where all you need to get crafty and creative is PAPER! The crafts have all been carefully created to help release your inner creativity. The easy to follow step by step photos are design to help you develop skills and confidence to then go out and create your own. How amazing it is!
BABY 0 – 12 M
First, a floor bed. Yes, Montessori babies sleep on the “floor” and their first observations of the world are not registered as seeing the world behind the bars. You can simply place a mattress on a raised frame, or I really adore this solid wood toddler bed that can grow with your child.
Secondly, the MOST important “thing” during your child’s first year is the mattress! So, if there is one item you have to spend money on, let it be the mattress! We all know how crucial sleep is for your baby and for YOU. Your baby will be sleeping for more than 20 hours in the first days, so organic natural mattress that is safe for your baby is an ABSOLUTE MUST. I ordered this mattress from the UK when Julia was born (ten years ago), and I paid crazy money for shipping. Now, I am SO excited that Amazon is offering this mattress for sale with free shipping! Trust me, I had devoted hundreds of hours of research, and the Natural Mat Latex mattress is the BEST! Made from organic latex, coconut coir, lambswool – you will not find a safer mattress for your baby! Take a look and let me know – I bet you will be impressed! Most importantly, if you have a mattress already, research carefully what is IN it as chemicals emit VOCs and can be toxic especially for the developing bodies. Also, please avoid using any plastic liners to protect your mattress from accidental “spills” ~ the organic wool pad will repel water, protect your mattress, and avoid unassessed sweats caused by unbreathable plastic.
(3) The Activity Gym is an absolute must! It comes with Montessori mobiles, rattles, and toys ~ everything you need for the first few months of your baby’s life! Also, it will grow with your child and eventually, you can turn it into a reading nook or a tipi.
(4) Sophie The Giraffe was the most chewed toy by both of my children! (They each had one. Please do not share chewing toys among siblings!) With Sophie I knew my little one can chew on it safely as it is made of 100% natural rubber from the Hevea tree. (5) By about six months, when your child might be able to sit, introduce a weaning chair and a table. I absolute love Me-Do-It chair which is best to start with. It is sturdy and the seat is shallow so the back supports the child in his/her seated position. Some children can sit upright very well at six months. However, many cannot, so a solid, sturdy chair with a back and two sides is your best option. (You can line the chair with shelf liner, so the seat is less slippery). At nine months, Adrian could use his weaning chair independently, and he could get in/out/up and down.
Finally, starting at about six months, you can introduce a high chair for breakfast and dinner. Stokke Tripp Trapp is a chair proven safe for babies and also to withstand six years of use with each child. I love that it comes with the baby adjustment which is removable. And, the best part is that this chair can be converted into an adult chair, so it is truly a timeless piece of furniture of exceptional quality that will last you a lifetime!
TODDLER 1 -2 YO
First, once your child passes the one-year-old mark, it will be all about walking, cruising, dragging and pushing. Dancing Alligator was both kids’ absolute favorite pull-along toy! Also, I highly recommend Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon, which has a resist push feature, allowing beginner-walkers to build confidence and balance.
(2) Gourmet Kid’s Wooden Play Kitchen is an absolutely most played kid-furniture toy! I love that it is made from solid wood and comes in natural colors. And since any chef needs accessories, we love Hape Gourmet Play Kitchen Starter Accessories Wooden Play Set which is also made from solid wood with safe paint finish, making it super child-safe!
(3) A Doll House is another “toy” that is well worth the investment! We love HAPE 3 Story Dolls House because it is gender-neutral and features 6 rooms including four room sets of a master bedroom, family bathroom, media room, and kitchen. I also like that it is fully furnished, with unique home furnishings and household appliances. Most importantly, I love that it is a solid wood construction with a child-safe paint finish.
Finally, Plan Toy Stacking Ring (made in Thailand from all-natural Organic recycled rubberwood) and PlanToys Shape & Sort It Out will add a fun and exciting twist to developing fine motor control and problem-solving skills.
PRESCHOOLER 3 – 4 YO
- Grimm’s Large 12-Piece Rainbow Stacker – Wooden Nesting Puzzle
- IKEA FLISAT Children’s Table is an absolute must for sensory play! (If you can shop at IKEA, you will find this table for less money.)
- Safari Ltd Toys That Teach are an absolute must! They are very realistic, detailed and affordable, allowing your child to hold the world in their hands! (Follow the link to get 20% OFF your entire order in addition to whatever sale Safari LTD is running!)
- Brio World Railway Set is what we started with, and have been slowly adding. Both children have played thousands of hours with it and I highly recommend it!
- BioBudddi are the first-ever 100% bio-building blocks derived from the leftovers of sugarcane. The Green PE (Polyethylene) is used to make the BioBuddi products in the Netherlands! Yes, how amazing are these! So now your little one can play with blocks that are safe for your health and the environment! (Follow THIS link to get 20% OFF your entire order in addition to whatever sale Safari LTD is running!)
- This Deluxe Standing Art Easel comes with a dry-erase board, chalkboard, paper roller, magnetic whiteboard, and includes paper roll, and accessories.
KIDS 5 + YO
- Kids Camera for 5-10 Year Old
- LEGO Architecture sets have been fascinating both of y children!
- Paint by Sticker Masterpieces is the best on-the-go or in the car activity book that will introduce your little one to famous paintings while strengthing their math skills. We drove to Disney and for 16+ hours both kids were engulfed in Paint by Sticker Masterpieces.
- Rainbow Loom Crafting Kit is a current trend with kids 5 and up! They create, the trade, they wear, they gift! Such an amazing kit to explore creativity while strengthening small muscles of the hand.
- Color Code is a fun, unique twist on puzzle games, to tinker with your logic skills. It has 100 increasingly difficult challenges for ages 5 to 100!
- Both of my kids have THIS bike and I absolutely love the quality and design.
- Lastly, K’NEX is a new way of building and children in the Montessori elementary program use them as a part of the curriculum to explore STEM.
GIFTS FOR HER
Here, I am sharing my absolute essentials for beauty, personal care, and my favorite shoe and bag brand. Things I have and use on a daily basis and absolutely cannot live without!
(1) First, I do not know how I lived without DRY Shampoo. I have very fine hair and I used to wash it every day, and it will get even finer! Dry Shampoo adds texture and VOLUME, in addition to absorbing scalp oil, allowing you do go days without washing hair while having FULL volume hair like you just left a hair salon. P.S. Make sure you do not pay more than $14. (2) Secondly, if you are 30 + years old, facial strips wrinkle remover/preventer are a must. You have no idea how much we frow during the sleep and the liners don’t allow the muscles to contract, leading to a smoother wrinkle appearance – it is temporary though. However, I do believe they help with long use since basically you are not aggravating your wrinkle for 8 hours while you sleep. (Yes, beauty sleep should be at least eight hours.) (3) Next is the wet brush, an absolute must – trust me NO MORE pulling hart – simply brush while wet and Wolla! There is no need for detangler! (4) I absolutely adore the Eminence Organic skincare line. Trust me, I cannot afford $400 cream but I do care what I apply on my face, so this line has been since 1958, using sustainable farming and green practices to create natural, organic and Biodynamic® products. The company hand-picks fresh ingredients to create products that contain potent healing and beautifying properties. Many of these ingredients are combined with pure waters drawn from a thermal hot spring lake containing minerals and trace elements found nowhere else on earth. So, pretty amazing! And the price is affordable: ranging from $20 and up. (5) My prayers were answered with this brand NEW product by Conair – Auto Curler! I simply do not have time to use curling irons! Lucky, I can have my workout and a shower before noon. So, this is the only “styling” product I use since it is super easy and time efficient! (6) BIODERMA is the best tonic and makeup remover! I use it every day in the morning and at night – whether to remove makeup or just to remove dirt and oil from the face (Experiment: use Bioderma to wipe your “clean” face in the morning! Let me know how clean you find it!).
UGG Dakota Slipper is so cute and comfy! I like the bow that adds elegance and the fact that I can slip them on and of easy! And I love Tory Burch bags! Fleming Crossbody is so elegant and yet sophisticated!
I hope you enjoyed my Unique Holiday Gift Guide for All Ages and found a little something you can stuff your sticking with! And, do leave a comment about the best Holiday gift idea that caught your eye! I love hearing from you! And, since this is a time of giving, I a giving back to YOU a chance to WIN $50 x 2 Gift Card to shop my holiday list! FOLLOW the INSTRUCTIONS to enter the GIVEAWAY HERE!