Easy to set up Frog LifeCycle Sensory Bin with dyed chickpeas and felt for preschoolers and kindergartners to explore through play and learn about amphibians from tadpole to the adult frog.
From birth till about six years of age, children have a very SENSORIAL relationship with their world. Anything that is perceived through senses goes directly into their brain! Setting up simple yet inviting sensory play trays will allow for multiple sensory stimulations while promoting dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and fine motor control. Besides, this Frog LifeCycle Sensory Bin is very easy to set up with materials you have around your home.
You’ll Need for Frog LifeCycle Sensory Bin
- a TRAY to contain your filler (be mindful if your little one is still mouthing things, then, choose taste-safe filler.)
- ACTORS ~ they give purpose to the activity for children ages two and over ~ see Frog Lifecycle HERE
- TOOLS ~ also for children two and over
The recipe for dyed chickpeas is identical to dyed rice. Download it below.
Frog LifeCycle Sensory Bin
How to Set Up a Sensory Tray in a Nutshell
You will need:
- a TRAY and a MAT to define the space, contain your filler and to minimize the cleanup (you can also lay a large mat or even a bed sheet under your tray to catch the spills). You can use a shoebox, a gardening tray, an under-the-bed container, a deep baking dish, a serving platter, a utensils organizer, or any other tray/tub/container you have. It is imperative to define the space for the child to work within, especially with sensory play, which could be messy, you will be very glad when you can just shake off the mat.
- FILLER: water, sand, soil, salt/sugar, crushed ice, frozen ice blocks/cubes, shredded paper, gravel, cut straws, grass, beads. Also, nature finds like moss, leaves, flowers, stones, sticks, bark, shells. Also toys: wooden blocks, LEGO, loose wooden items. When food is not scarce or it is otherwise not edible: look inside your sensory play cupboard for dyed rice/pasta, grains, beans, corn, etc. Also, play dough, oobleck, foam, ‘chocolate mud,’ water-beads/hydrogels.
- [2 YR +] PLAYERS/ACTORS: characters, animals, vehicles, LEGO figurines, etc. It is important to pick one ONLY depending on your child’s interest. Actors give purpose to the activity.
- TOOL that will foster concentration, fine motor control and will set your sensory play in motion. For example, tongs, droppers, scoops, spoons, funnel, ice cube tray, child-sized scissors, tweezers, measuring cups, recycled egg cartons, shallow bowls/cups, etc.
Frog LifeCycle Learning Kit
Join Montessori Made Easy Membership HERE for exclusive access!
Have you tried setting up the Frog LifeCycle Sensory Bin? Leave a comment if you did!
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Digestive System magnetic apple feeding DIY kids activity for preschoolers and kindergarteners to learn how food passes through different organs of the human body.
DIY Montessori Language Cabinet holds tiny 3D miniature objects that represent the beginning sound for each letter of the alphabet to promote early literacy and phonemic awareness.
Conscious Parenting embraces that children are not vessels to be molded but are sovereign spirits with untapped potentials to be unfolded.
eBOOK | THE BASICS Bringing Montessori Home
“Our work is not to teach, but to HELP the absorbent mind in its work of development. How marvelous it would be if by our help, if by an intelligent treatment of the child, if by understanding the needs of his physical life and by feeding his intellect, we could prolong the period of functioning of the absorbent mind!”
Montessori MADE EASY MEMBERSHIP
Also, in case you are exhausted from swimming in the vast ocean of irrelevant information and saving activities you never get to! JOIN Montessori MADE-EASY membership! And if you do, the eBook THE BASICS is included in the membership amongst MANY other perks!
I am here to help! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!