Autumn Landscape Fine Arts Kids Activities
Introducing children early on to FINE ARTS ignites a passion for learning and fosters an aesthetic appreciation of creative expression while allowing a young brain, the most agile it will ever be, to absorb effortlessly and with enthusiasm.
Impressionism Autumn Landscape kids activities printable pack for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to promote early fine arts appreciation.
Autumn Landscape Matching Cards (3 sets of activities)
You will receive an instant download to a 40 page PDF with gorgeous reproductions of famous Impressionist artists depicting Autumn landscape natural scenery. A lot of reproduction names have “October” in them, so this unit study can be a perfect monthly study or an Autumn seasonal study for children of all ages.
- FINE ARTS
- Language Arts
- Puzzle Skills
There are 3 TYPES of PAINTING:
- A portrait ~ a picture of a person, usually of a person’s face (e.g. Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa).
- A landscape ~ a picture of natural scenery (e.g. Alfred Sisley or Claude Monet’s haystack).
- Still life ~ a picture of an inanimate object or of an object that does not move (e.g. Paul Cézanne’s fruits paintings.) These can also be works of art depicting typically commonplace objects which are either natural (food, flowers, dead animals, plants, rocks, shells, etc.) or man-made (drinking glasses, books, vases, jewelry, coins, pipes, etc.)
LANDSCAPE is nature in its pristine condition, beautiful and inviting. No one ever had been repulsed by nature. Portraits, on the other hand, although could be relatable, can depict a face, or convey a feeling that a child might misinterpret. So, I personally, prefer to start with LANDSCAPE reproductions with young children.
I hope you enjoy this Autumn-Inspired Fine Arts pack! If you do, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
All of the activities in © Montessori From The Heart ♡ store are to be supervised by an ADULT. As the caregiver of your child, you are the best person to assess the abilities of your child. Please take note and be aware of a child who is still mouthing items or is unsafe with small objects that could be placed in the nose, ears, or mouth. The owner of © Montessori From The Heart ♡ disclaims all liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in activities in this curriculum. It is the caregiver’s responsibility to monitor the child. Use these activities at your own discretion.
Terms & Conditions:
- This product is to be used ONLY by the original downloader.
- This product is licensed for SINGLE use and is intended for ONE-FAMILY household ONLY. You may use it with your own multiple children only ~ NO friends or classroom use, please.
- Redistributing, selling, editing, or posting this item or any part thereof is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the owner.
- You may make copies for your personal use but will need to purchase a school license for use in multiple classrooms or schools in different locations ~ please email me anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com.
- When blogging or posting about these printables, please give credit back to Montessori From the Heart by hyperlinking to my website and tagging me as @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram, where you can also see the behind the scenes of Insta Stories where I share our daily homeschooling activities.
- You may NOT sell or host these files as your own.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- If you have any questions regarding this or other of my materials, please email me at anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com