Seaside Summer Activity Pack
Seaside Summer Kids Beach Montessori Activities Printable MEGE PACK has it all! From fine motor, do-a-dot, toddler puzzles, pre-writing strokes, to numeracy, literacy, shape and color recognition, science living vs non-living and an intro to Fine Art Impressionist with children.
Seaside Summer Kids Beach Montessori Activities Printable MEGE PACK has it all! From fine motor, do-a-dot, toddler puzzles, and pre-writing strokes, to numeracy, literacy, shape and color recognition, science living vs non-living and an intro to Fine Art Impressionist with children.
*THIS IS A DIGITAL PRODUCT* NO PHYSICAL PRINTED PAPER IS BEING SHIPPED*
This 77-page Summer Seaside MEGA Montessori Kids Activity pack has it all! It’s suitable for ages 18M+ so I have toddlers through kindergarten age covered!
From DO-a-DOT, toddler puzzles, and pre-writing strokes, to numeracy, literacy, shape, and color recognition, little hands will be busy while keeping the mind agile! Your little one will be practicing fine motor and spatial awareness with many puzzles as well as advancing sensorial and visual discrimination, exercising scissors ✂️ skills, and much more!
🚨Some NEW activities included such as
– Cultural & science: Living vs non-living sorting and classification (chart included)
– 🐚TEN-FRAME practice
– Fine Art 🖼 appreciation – how to introduce Impressionism to children, as well as 🔎 part to the whole match with some amazing Seaside full-size reproductions!
Just CLICK | PRINT | GO and keep little ones happily engaged in ACTIVE learning! We all know workbooks are boring! However, children LOVE learning through HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES where little hands are dotting, imprinting, connecting, clipping, matching, and manipulating!
Experiential learning or “learning by doing” is an essential constituent of the Montessori teaching method. This pack was carefully designed to stimulate the senses and engage children in ACTIVE learning to support early development. Hands-on activities encourage “experiential” learning, as opposed to the more traditional comparably passive model of lecture and drill exercises. With this Easter Montessori Activities Printable Pack, repetition is accomplished by having a variety of prompts with which to practice the same concept, thus leading to mastery of the concept. These activities will engage little hands and trigger various skills while young absorbing minds are soaking up information intuitively, spontaneously, and with ease!
THIS PACK IS A SINGLE-FAMILY USE! Print as many copies for your OWN children,
but please do NOT share with friends and do NOT use a classroom resource! Thank you
Having been sharing our hands-on invitations to learn and play on Instagram, I now offer a digital resource you can CLICK | PRINT | GO to save you time from endless research or preparations. My printables are designed to promote ACTIVE HANDS-ON play-based learning, making homeschooling FUN, EDUCATIONAL, and OPEN-ENDED. *If you laminate prior to use, you can use these resources OVER and OVER again! AND along with the digital download, you also get to see ACTIVITIES IN ACTION! So, you get a RESOURCE + ways to PLAY at your fingertips!
INSIDE Seaside Summer Kids Mega Activity Pack
- PAGE 2: [AGE 1 Y+] KID’S NURSERY RHYMES | POETRY ~ Read this poem to a child periodically. Research shows that children who have memorized nursery rhymes develop an early sensitivity to language sounds and become better readers.
- PAGE 3-4: [AGE 2 Y+] DECORATE A SCENE ~ Cut out the elements and place (or glue) them on a background. Optional: tape cutouts to craft sticks to make puppets.
- PAGE 5 – 9: [AGE 18 M +] DO A DOT | FINE MOTOR perfect for toddlers and preschoolers ~ use dot markers, finger paint or a pom pom dipped in paints to fill in summer objects.
- PAGE 10-11: [AGE 15 M+] TODDLER HALVES PUZZLE | LOGIC ~ Cut out the cards along the dotted lines. Thereafter, cut each card in half and invite a child to assemble the puzzle. (Optional: print another copy and leave it intact to use as control cards.)
- PAGE 12 – 13: [AGE 2 Y+] PRE-WRITING STROKES | FOLLOW THE LINE | mastering pre-writing strokes ~ see HERE a detailed post explaining pre-writing strokes in detail, as well as showing you different ways to follow the line. You can also trace in dyed rice or salt. See dyed rice recipe HERE.
- PAGE 14-18: [AGE 3 YR+] SCIENCE | Living vs Non-Living (identification chart is included)
- PAGE 19 – 20: PUZZLE [AGE 3 YR+] Build a sandcastle/ lighthouse.
- PAGE 21 [AGE 3 YR+] FOLLOW the path to find treasure
- PAGE 22: MONTESSORI NOMENCLATURE 3-Part Cards in a Nutshell and how to use them.
- PAGE 23 -26: [2 Y M+] Seaside WORDS | Enreaching Vocabulary Montessori 3- part cards
- PAGE 27: [AGE 4 YR+] SPELLING practice
- PAGE 28 – 32: [AGE 3 Y+] ALPHABET MATCHING | LITERACY ~ MATCH LOWER TO UPPER CASE LETTER PUZZLE. Control of error: each egg set will fit together like a puzzle. Included is the order of presenting the alphabet according to the Montessori Language curriculum. Optional: laminate for durability.
- PAGE 33: BLANK CONTROL 5-STRIP PUZZLE for page 34
- PAGE 34 [AGE 2 Y+] STRIP PUZZLE 1-5 | SPACIAL AWARENESS ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite a child to assemble the cut-strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order.
- PAGE 35: [AGE 3 Y+] SKIP COUNTING by 2s – EVEN NUMBERS
- PAGE 36: [AGE 3.5 Y+] SKIP COUNTING – ODD NUMBERS
- PAGE 37: BLANK CONTROL 8-STRIP PUZZLE for pages 38 and 39
- PAGE 38 [AGE 2.5 Y+] STRIP PUZZLE 1-8 | SPACIAL AWARENESS ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite a child to assemble the cut-strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order.
- PAGE 39 [AGE 4 Y+] *BLANK 8 STRIP PUZZLE (hardest since a child does not have a numerical sequence as control of error)
- PAGE 40: BLANK CONTROL 10-STRIP PUZZLE for page 41
- PAGE 41: [AGE 3 Y+] STRIP PUZZLE 1-10 | SPACIAL AWARENESS ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite a child to assemble the cut-strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order.
- PAGE 42 [AGE 4.5 Y+] *SKIP COUNTING BY 10s PUZZLE
- PAGE 43 – 46: [AGE 2 Y+] Montessori 1-10 COUNTING CARDS ~ Invite a child to use clothespins, a stamp, dry erase marker or finger dipped in paint to mark the correct number among the (3) listed, that represents the corresponding quantity of objects pictured.
- PAGE 47: Common Core State Standards
- PAGE 48: [AGE 2.5 YR+] FILL THE BUCKET 1:1 correspondence
- PAGE 49 – 54: [AGE 3 YR+] SEASHELLS TEN FRAMES
- PAGE 55: One-To-One Correspondence ~ ROTE vs RATIONAL counting
- PAGE 56: [AGE 2 Y+] DOT THE SHELL | NUMERACY ~ Finger or pom pom paint each shell and count each ALOUD. Connect counting to cardinality and practice numeral to quantity association and One-to-One correspondence.
- PAGE 57 [AGE 3 Y+] SHAPE RECOGNITION | GEOMETRY~ Optional: laminate the page for durability and offer to trace over with a dry erase marker.
- PAGE 59-61: [AGE 2 YR +] COLOR RECOGNITION | SENSORIAL
- PAGE 62 – 62: [AGE 2.5 YR +] CUTTING STRIPS | SCISSOR SKILLS ✂️ ~ cut along the dotted lines ~ see HERE a detailed post about the proper scissors skills, the progression, and at what age to start introducing scissors.
- PAGE 65-76: FINE ART ~ Introducing Impressionism with children
- PAGE 77: DISCLOSURE | INSTRUCTIONS
SEE HERE a video tutorial on 5 Ways to use Do-a-dot Toddler section page 5-11
Seashell Bucket Counting [page 48-49]
DIY Laminating Tracing Hack
If you do NOT have a laminating machine, make sure to check out the DIY HACK below!
SEE HERE a DETAILED POST with a VIDEO HOW TO.
MORE Montessori Tracing Trays Ideas
ALSO, SEE THE DETAILED BLOG POST WITH VIDEOS HOW-TO HERE.
BELOW SEE HOW TO VIDEOS using a St Patrick’s printable (purchase HERE)
PUPPETS and DO-A-DOT
SEE A BLOG POST WITH DETAILS HERE
Research shows that children who are exposed to poetry and nursery rhymes at a young age, develop an early sensitivity to language sounds and eventually become better readers. And bringing poetry to LIFE with PUPPETS allows for hands-on ACTIVE learning which spurs interest, promotes imagination, and ignites the love of learning! MAKE LEARNING FUN!
Dot-to-dot activities are excellent for improving hand-eye coordination and visual-motor control as a lot of concentration goes into completing a dot-a-dot work! A child is also practicing color recognition, shade discrimination, and matching by working on dotting, filling, and matching! Working on a dot-to-dot is also a great way to strengthen hand and finger muscles in preparation for writing. That is why it is important to start developing vital muscles during early childhood (18M+) since children will be utilizing them throughout their lifetime.
For example, by holding a chunky marker, children are practicing rudimentary handwriting skills, which are a valuable pre-writing teaching tool. Children also learn to discern and create shapes, focus on a grip, and learn how much pressure to apply to the paper. A fisted grip or palmar-supinate grasp is the very first pencil grip your 18 months might master. By holding a marker with a palm and thumb, a child initiates movement from the shoulder, thus entering an important first pre-writing stage.
You can either invite a child to assemble loose strips as a puzzle OR glue the strips to the BLANK control chart. See an example with the Easter Puzzle below.
TIPS AND HACKS TO USE THE PRINTABLE
- To laminate, you can use an IRON instead of a laminating machine. (I am using these thermal laminating pouches). HOW: set your iron at a low temperature, as if you would iron silk. To be safe, place plain paper OVER the laminating sheet and iron over it. (See HERE how I did it making a flower bookmark.)
- Alternatively, you can use sheet protectors and insert your pages into it, and then use a dry erase marker.
- Cut corners can be pointy, so I am using a corner rounder.
- For a quicker and more precise straight cutting, I am using a paper trimmer instead of scissors.
- Buy rainbow dot markers HERE Or buy similar on Amazon HERE.
PRINT on 8.5 x 11″ letter size paper in LANDSCAPE. *Make sure to check off “fit to printable area.”
Follow the instructions on each page.
My materials are created with high-quality images and are thoughtfully designed from the heart.
© Montessori From The Heart
My printables are subject to copyright law and are for your PERSONAL use ONLY. You may NOT share, resell, or redistribute them in any form. You may NOT gift, email, share, link or feature this PDF on any website, blog, forum, etc. You MAY post a picture of this material in action on your social media channels, and/or blog/website, etc., however, please TAG @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram and/or include a link to my blog www.MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
My materials are for educational purposes only, so please use common sense when implementing my lessons since I can not be held liable for anything that transpires should you follow any of my suggestions or tutorials. Always supervise your children while they are learning through play, especially with little ones as small items might be a choking hazard.
All of the activities in © Montessori From The Heart ♡ store are to be supervised by an ADULT. As the caregiver of your child, you are the best person to assess the abilities of your child. Please take note and be aware of a child who is still mouthing items or is unsafe with small objects that could be placed in the nose, ears, or mouth. The owner of © Montessori From The Heart ♡ disclaims all liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in activities in this curriculum. It is the caregiver’s responsibility to monitor the child. Use these activities at your own discretion.
Terms & Conditions:
- This product is to be used ONLY by the original downloader.
- This product is licensed for SINGLE use and is intended for ONE-FAMILY household ONLY. You may use it with your own multiple children only ~ NO friends or classroom use, please.
- Redistributing, selling, editing, or posting this item or any part thereof is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the owner.
- You may make copies for your personal use but will need to purchase a school license for use in multiple classrooms or schools in different locations ~ please email me anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com.
- When blogging or posting about these printables, please give credit back to Montessori From the Heart by hyperlinking to my website and tagging me as @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram, where you can also see the behind the scenes of Insta Stories where I share our daily homeschooling activities.
- You may NOT sell or host these files as your own.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- If you have any questions regarding this or other of my materials, please email me at anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
💡 WHY HANDS-ON LEARNING?
It allows little people to engage in kinesthetic learning by doing! Hands-on learning is the common name for ‘Experiential Learning’ – the philosophical term behind the method of immersing oneself in a process in order to learn it. Experiential Learning has been around since 350 BCE, when Aristotle wrote, “for the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them”. Most importantly, hands-on learning is uniquely positioned to support or elevate ANY type of learner! Best of all, research has proven that children who learn using hands-on methods with manipulatives outperform those who are not. What are manipulatives? They are physical tools engaging children visually and physically with objects such as figurines, blocks, loose items, etc. The use of manipulatives is constructive because little people are actively engaged in discovery by TOUCHING, TRANSFERRING & MANIPULATING during the learning process.
The activity pack is so beautiful and a great addition to my classroom! Perfect for summer!
So glad you enjoyed it! Thank you!
I love the activities for my 2yrs little one, it is dificult to find printed material for toddlers. Thank you 🥰
Thank you so much! I am so glad! And the pack will grow with your little one as it has activities for preschool age as well! Xo, Anya