Timeless holiday gift guide for all ages including gifts we need, books to read, Montessori baby, toys for toddlers and preschoolers, gift guide for HER and more!
I have to admit, gift guides are always my favorite to put together as I get so excited to share all the best materials, books, toys, and must-haves, I have tried out throughout the year. For this Timeless Holiday Gift Guide, I have gathered everything that our family is truly loving and I know your friends and family would love it as well. From our favorite toys arranged by age group to books and gifts we need, I hope this guide will make your gift buying experience a little easier! I know this time of the year can be hectic, so make sure to take a deep breath and enjoy the process especially since I have done all the prepping and checking for you. So, scroll down and check the Timeless Holiday Gift Guide!
Timeless Holiday Gift Guide WE NEED
Lele Sadoughi 3-Piece Face Mask Set CLEARANCE! 3 masks for $20
These are absolutely the best pillows I have ever slept on! So, it is a GIFT YOU NEED!
Apply 25% coupon HERE Bed Pillows Queen Size, Set of 2
Apply 40% coupon HERE PhoneSoap 3
Have you heard of Phone Soap? Yep, it is like giving your phone a bath without actually wetting it or spraying it with Lysol. It is a UV-C SANITIZER, scientifically proven to completely sanitize your entire phone, killing 99.99% of all bacteria and germs. FYI: keys, credit cards, glasses will fit as well and these are the most touched items we never clean!)
Timeless Holiday Gift Guide WE READ
- *The Heartwood Hotel ~ is a true gem collection of four books! If there is only one book you can purchase and/or gift, let it be Heartwood Hotel. It is the sweetest story of the adventures of Mona the Mouse, her friendships, courage, quests, and beautiful lessons children will learn throughout the book.
- The Magic Tree House is a must read starter collection for children ages 6 YR +
- Nature Anatomy Collection is the most referred to book during our homeschooling lessons.
- The Lost Book of Adventure ~ This book is an absolute gem! By the way, which book has a preamble disclosing any liability from wild adventures which might arise! “REMEMBER: be good, be adventurous…and look after your parents.“
- Wonders of Nature ~ is a gorgeous addition to any naturalist-lover.
- The Dictionary of Difficult Words is a great gift for anyone wishing to enchance vocabulary and tinker the brain. This dictionary celebrates the beauty of the English language for family trivia time spent around the printed page.
- Dinosaurs by DK will make a great gift for any paleontologist or dino-lover.
Timeless Holiday Gift Guide
Our most played STEM “toy” in the house currently is Connetix Tiles. These colorful beveled transparent magnets foster creativity, imagination, and learning through PLAY! They are made from food-grade ABS plastic with an inverted design, making these magnets stronger and more scratch-resistant.
Timeless Holiday Gift Guide Ideas for Babies Birth till 1 YO
BABY 0 – 12 M
Here, I will be including must-have toys that are part of my Unique Holiday Gift Guide for little ones: birth till about the age of one. First, a floor bed. Yes, Montessori babies sleep on the “floor” and their first observations of the world are not registered as seeing the world behind the bars. You can simply place a mattress on a raised frame, or I really adore this solid wood toddler bed that can grow with your child.
Secondly, the MOST important “thing” during your child’s first year is the mattress! So, if there is one item you have to spend money on, let it be the mattress! We all know how crucial sleep is for your baby and for YOU. Your baby will be sleeping for more than 20 hours in the first days, so an organic natural mattress that is safe for your baby is an ABSOLUTE MUST.
I am SO excited that Amazon is offering this mattress for sale with free shipping! Trust me, I had devoted hundreds of hours of research, and the Natural Mat mattress is the BEST! (Shop similar HERE.) Made from organic latex, coconut coir, lambswool – you will not find a safer mattress for your baby! Most importantly, if you have a mattress already, research carefully what is IN it as chemicals emit VOCs and can be toxic especially for developing bodies. Also, please avoid using any plastic liners to protect your mattress from accidental “spills” ~ the organic wool pad will repel water, protect your mattress, and avoid unassessed sweats caused by unbreathable plastic.
(3) An Activity Gym is an absolute must! It comes with Montessori mobiles, rattles, and toys ~ everything you need for the first few months of your baby’s life! Also, it will grow with your child, and eventually, you can turn it into a reading nook or a tipi. (Shop similar HERE ~ shop kid’s Teepee HERE ~ shop Montessori Baby mobiles HERE.)
(4) Next, Sophie The Giraffe was the most chewed toy by both of my children! (They each had one. Please do not share chewing toys among siblings!) With Sophie, I knew my children can chew on it safely as it is made of 100% natural rubber from the Hevea tree.
(5) By about six months, when your child might be able to sit unassisted, introduce a weaning chair and a table. I absolutely love Me-Do-It chair which is best to start with. (Shop similar HERE.) It is sturdy and the seat is shallow so the back supports the child in his/her seated position. Some children can sit upright very well at six months. However, many cannot, so a solid, sturdy chair with a back and two sides is your best option. (You can line the chair with a shelf liner so that the seat is less slippery.) At nine months, Adrian could use his weaning chair independently, and he could get in/out/up and down.
Finally, starting at about six months, you can introduce a high chair for breakfast and dinner feedings. Stokker Tripp Trapp is a chair proven safe for babies. This chair had also proven to withstand six years of use with each child. I love that it comes with a baby adjustment, which is removable. And, the best part is that this chair can be converted into an adult chair, so it is truly a timeless piece of furniture of exceptional quality that will last you a lifetime!
Timeless Holiday Gift Guide for Toddlers AGE 1 – 2 YO
TODDLER 1 -2 YO
Here, you will find the best holiday gift ideas for toddlers, who are between the age of one and two years old. First, once your child passes the one-year-old mark, it will be all about walking, cruising, dragging and pushing. Dancing Alligator was both of my kids’ absolute favorite pull-along toy! Also, I highly recommend Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon which has a resist push feature, allowing beginner-walkers to build confidence and balance.
(2) Next on the list is a Gourmet Kid’s Wooden Play Kitchen is an absolutely most played kid-furniture toy! I love that it is made from solid wood and comes in natural colors. And since any chef needs accessories, we love Hape Gourmet Play Kitchen Starter Accessories Wooden Play Set which is also made from solid wood with safe paint finish, making it super child-safe!
(3) A Doll House is another “toy” that is well worth the investment! We love HAPE 3 Story Dolls House because it is gender-neutral and features six rooms including four room sets of a master bedroom, family bathroom, media room, and kitchen. I also like that it is fully furnished, with unique home furnishings and household appliances. Most importantly, I love that it is solid wood construction with a child-safe paint finish.
Finally, Plan Toy Stacking Ring (made in Thailand from all-natural Organic recycled rubberwood) and PlanToys Shape & Sort It Out will add a fun and exciting twist to developing fine motor control and problem-solving skills.
Timeless Holiday Gift Guide for Preschoolers AGE 3 – 4 YO
PRESCHOOLER 3 – 4 YO
First, as a part of my Unique Holiday Gift Guide, I highly recommend Safari Ltd educational toys. These S.T.E.M. tactile figurines teach your child about the world through hands-on invitations to learn and play! We use TOOBs and lifecycles with so many unit studies such as geography, zoology, botany, anatomy, and Dinosaur-themed studies, not to mention while learning to count, graphing, sorting and more! The figurines are very realistic, detailed and affordable, allowing your child to literally hold the world in his/her hands!
Follow THIS link to get 15% OFF your entire order at Safari Ltd
Secondly, BioBuddi blocks are the first-ever 100% bio-building blocks derived from the leftovers of sugarcane. The Green PE (Polyethylene) is used to make the BioBuddi products in the Netherlands! Yes, how amazing it is! So now your little one can play creatively with blocks that are safe for your health and for the environment!
Thus, you no longer need to worry about your carbon footprint since Safari LTD pioneered in making these amazing 100 % eco-friendly, bio-based blocks derived from the plant! Most importantly, while your child builds, creates, imagines and learns through play, s/he is developing problem-solving skills, cognitive reasoning, brainpower, fine and gross motor control and more!
The benefits of block play have been substantiated by experts for over two decades. In particular, the research shows that “children’s block play is related to later math competence and a particular interest in STEM careers.” Block play also challenges children “cognitively as they solve the problems that arise in the construction process.” Moreover, playing with blocks provides an opportunity for children to learn elements of science and math, such as counting, adding and subtracting. Block building also promotes creativity, imagination, self-esteem, and language learning as children talk about the structures they built.
Next, IKEA FLISAT Children’s Table is an absolute must for sensory play! It conveniently comes with bins for your sensory filler which will contain the messy play while allowing tons of opportunities for transferring, sorting, or sorting. (If you can shop at IKEA, you will find this table for less money.)
We also love BRIO toys which offer many hours of constructive play while building, manipulating and learning through play. We started with a Brio World Railway Set which is much more economical than purchasing everything individually. Both children have played thousands of hours with BRIO and I highly recommend it for both boys and girls!
Moreover, Wooden 12-piece Rainbow Stacker is a beautiful natural wooden nesting puzzle toy, made by hand in Germany, which will stimulate children visually, mentally and creatively. This puzzle is made from solid linden wood, stained with rich vibrant colors from certified non-toxic, child-safe water-based stains. This nesting puzzle will be a gorgeous colorful addition to your stalking puzzle collection, making it a perfect gift as a part of a Unique Holiday Gift Guide. Lastly, a Deluxe Standing Art Easel is a must for any young artist. It comes with a dry-erase board, chalkboard, paper roller, and a magnetic whiteboard. This two-sided easel is made of high-quality wood construction, which is sanded to a smooth finish. It also conveniently comes with a paper roll and accessories and can be adjusted to any kids size height for easier access.
Timeless Holiday Gift Guide for Older Children
KIDS 5 + YO
- Kids Digital Camera (perfect for 5 – 10 year-olds). This digital camera is made from eco-friendly non-toxic silicone and is durable and safe, built to withstand accidental slips and falls. It comes with a rechargeable battery, and simple design allows shooting just by pressing the switch button.
- LEGO Architecture sets take building blocks to the next level. They are perfect for older children (6 YO+) and for those interested in architecture, travel, history, and design. These collectible toy city models are scaled to give an accurate representation of the comparative size of the featured structures, with the realistic color depiction, and intricate detailing to capture the essence of the real structure. Both of my kids have been fascinated with LEGO Architecture sets.
- Paint by Sticker activity books will introduce your little one to famous paintings or destinations while strengthing their math skills. They are perfect for on-the-go or in-car activity books. We drove to Disney and for 16+ hours both kids were engulfed in Paint by Sticker Masterpieces.
- Rainbow Loom Crafting Kit is a current trend with kids 5 YO and up! Children create, wear, gift and even trade! This is a truly amazing kit to explore creativity while strengthening the small muscles of the hand.
- Color Code is a fun, unique twist on puzzle games, to tinker with your logic skills. It has 100 increasingly difficult challenges for ages 5 to 100!
- Both of my kids have THIS bike and I absolutely love the quality and the design.
- Lastly, K’NEX is a new way of building. Unlike other building toys, K’NEX allows kids to create unique models that actually move. Children in a Montessori elementary program use them as a part of the curriculum to explore S.T.E.M education.
Timeless Holiday Gift Guide for HER
Amazan Favorites on sale HERE
$20 Cozy Finds for HER HERE
Beauty Gifts for HER
(1) First, I do not know how I lived without a DRY Shampoo. I have very fine hair and I used to wash it every day, and they will get even finer! Dry Shampoo adds texture and VOLUME, in addition to absorbing the scalp oil, allowing you to go days without washing your hair while having FULL volume like you just left a hair salon. P.S. Make sure you do not pay more than $14.
(2) Secondly, if you are 30 + years old, wrinkle preventer strips are an absolute must. You have no idea how much we frow during sleep. However, wearing strips while we sleep won’t allow the muscles to contract, leading to a smoother wrinkle appearance. Although the immediate result is temporary, I do believe wrinkle preventer strips help with a long-term use since basically you are not aggravating your wrinkles for eight hours while you sleep. (Yes, beauty sleep should be at least eight hours.) (3) Next is the wet brush! Trust me, no more pulling hair – simply brush while wet and Wolla! There is no need for detangling products!
(4) I absolutely adore the Eminence Organic Skincare products! I cannot afford a $400 cream, but I do care what I apply on my face! This organic line has been offering skin care products since 1958, using sustainable farming and green practices to create natural, organic and Biodynamic® products. The company hand-picks fresh ingredients to create products that contain potent healing and beautifying properties. Many of these ingredients are combined with pure waters drawn from a thermal hot spring lake containing minerals and trace elements found nowhere else on earth. Pretty amazing! And the price is affordable: ranging from $20 and up.
(5) My prayers have been answered with Conair – Auto Curler! It is meant for travel since it is cordless and battery operated and is super easy and time efficient! (6) BIODERMA is the best tonic and makeup remover! I use it every day in the morning and at night – whether to remove makeup or just to remove dirt and oil from the face. (Try to experiment: use BIODERMA to wipe your “clean” face in the morning! Let me know how clean you find it!)
UGGs Dakota slipper is so cute, comfy and trendy! (Shop similar on sale HERE.) I love that I can slip them on and off easy while staying cozy and warm! And I love Tory Burch bags! The Fleming cross body bag is so elegant and sophisticated! Red makes a perfect Christmas holiday gift too!
Did you know that once the hair is burnt, the only way to “heal” is to cut it! So, choose your curling/flat iron carefully! It is extremely important to have a low-temperature setting available. So, after having done extensive research, I ruled out the more expensive irons since this Pro Hair Straightener has it all! This 1 inch Argan Oil has Tourmaline Ceramic and Titanium Heating Plate. It also has a digital LCD 265-450°F, so no more burnt hair!
Shop Ciber Monday Deal HERE