Animals’ Coats Skin-Matching Cards
Animals skin (coat) matching Montessori cards are one of the early sensorial toddler activities to stimulate visual sense and promote hand-eye coordination. Also available in Spanish.
Animals’coats skin-matching Montessori cards are one of the early sensorial toddler activities to stimulate visual sense and promote hand-eye coordination. (Also available in Spanish.)
Children LOVE animals, and they love even more to learn with multi-senses. Thus, Montessori animal coat (skin) matching cards are one of the favorite activities in a Montessori classroom. This printable, which includes high-definition real-life images of ten animals and their coats/skins can be used to stimulate VISUAL sense or as a multi-sensorial work if you add a TACTILE dimension to it.
*THIS IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD! No physical cards are being shipped
YOU WILL RECIEVE a 21-PAGE PDF*
- sea turtle
With this early Montessori sensorial activity, invite your child to match an animal picture to its skin (or vise versa). Optional: if you have animal figurines, invite a child to match animals to their skin or picture.
SEE A BLOG POST Animals Skin Matching Cards WITH DETAILS HERE.
Although traditional Montessori sensorial work tends to isolate just ONE SENSE (for example when you use a blindfold to isolate the TACTILE SENSE), COMBINING the sense of touch with other senses such as visual, has been proven to help build cognitive skills. You can start introducing Animals Skin Matching Cards to a child around 18 months. (READ DETAILS ABOUT WHEN TO PRESENT Montessori Nomenclature 3-Part Cards HERE.) This lesson can also be presented as a part of Montessori Cultural and Science work.
STAGE 1: [AGE 12 M +] The easiest matching is IDENTICAL PICTURE to PICTURE matching ~ you can do it with images of animals or images of coats (you would need to print two copies of an image ~ you are NOT matching skin to an animal).
STAGE 2: [AGE 18 M+] Matching animal COAT-SKIN to an ANIMAL PICTURE (this is a little more abstract since a child is matching part to whole)
STAGE 3: [AGE 18 M+]*If you have animal figurines you can invite a child to match animal toys to their respective pictures or coats while clearly saying the name of the animal.
My materials are created with high-quality images and are thoughtfully designed from the heart.
© 2021 Montessori From The Heart
My printables are subject to copyright law and are for your PERSONAL use ONLY. You may NOT share, resell, or redistribute them in any form. You may NOT gift, email, share, link or feature this PDF on any website, blog, forum, etc. You MAY post a picture of this material in action on your social media channels, and/or blog/website, etc., however, please TAG @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram and/or include a link to my blog www.MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
My materials are for educational purposes only, so please use common sense when implementing my lessons since I can not be held liable for anything that transpires should you follow any of my suggestions or tutorials. Always supervise your children while they are learning through play, especially with little ones as small items might be a choking hazard.
All of the activities in © Montessori From The Heart ♡ store are to be supervised by an ADULT. As the caregiver of your child, you are the best person to assess the abilities of your child. Please take note and be aware of a child who is still mouthing items or is unsafe with small objects that could be placed in the nose, ears, or mouth. The owner of © Montessori From The Heart ♡ disclaims all liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in activities in this curriculum. It is the caregiver’s responsibility to monitor the child. Use these activities at your own discretion.
Terms & Conditions:
- This product is to be used ONLY by the original downloader.
- This product is licensed for SINGLE use and is intended for ONE-FAMILY household ONLY. You may use it with your own multiple children only ~ NO friends or classroom use, please.
- Redistributing, selling, editing, or posting this item or any part thereof is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the owner.
- You may make copies for your personal use but will need to purchase a school license for use in multiple classrooms or schools in different locations ~ please email me anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com.
- When blogging or posting about these printables, please give credit back to Montessori From the Heart by hyperlinking to my website and tagging me as @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram, where you can also see the behind the scenes of Insta Stories where I share our daily homeschooling activities.
- You may NOT sell or host these files as your own.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- If you have any questions regarding this or other of my materials, please email me at anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
So fun for little ones to explore the world.
I used this this week and the children loved it ! It sparked many conversations about what they thought each skin would feel like ! Brilliant resource
Thank you so much for your heartwarming review! I am so glad you enjoyed the animal skin cards!
I didn’t fully read the description and thought they would be smaller but they’re actually A4 size, I absolutely love them!
Thank you so much! I am so glad you liked it! I chose high-definition images, so definitely you can print them larger! Xo, Anya