Christmas Kids Activity Pack
A hands-on play-based Christmas Kids Activity Pack for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to promote fine motor control, logic, literacy, and numeracy skills as well as scissor practice, spatial awareness, hands-on learning, and more!
With this Christmas Activity Pack, little hands will be busy and minds agile! So, just CLICK | PRINT | GO and keep little people happily engaged while you are soaking up the Holidays! This pack was carefully created for a wide age range, with the focus on PRESCHOOLERS to support early learning and development.
You will receive an instant 40 pages PDF PLAY-BASED LEARNING Activity pack download.
*THIS IS A DIGITAL PRODUCT*
You will receive (2) downloadable files (choose either or download BOTH!)
- FULL HD 229 MB download AND
- a compressed 17 MB
Having been sharing our hands-on invitations to learn and play on Instagram, I now offer a digital resource you can CLICK | PRINT | GO to save you time from endless research or preparations. My printables are designed to promote ACTIVE HANDS-ON play-based learning, making homeschooling fun, educational, and open-ended. *If you laminate prior to use, you can use these resources over and over again! AND along with the digital download, you also get to see ACTIVITIES IN ACTION! So, you get a resource + ways to play at your fingertips!
INSIDE Christmas Kids Activity Pack
- PAGE 2 – 6: DO A DOT | FINE MOTOR perfect for toddlers and preschoolers [AGE 1.5 YR +] ~ use dot markers, finger paint or a pom pom dipped in paints
- PAGE 7: Q-TIP or finger paint the Christmas lights
- PAGE 8 – 9: COLOR RECOGNITION | SENSORIAL [AGE 2 YR +] start with yellow, red, and blue primary colors first, then introduce green, purple, and orange (secondary colors) ~ I laminate the page after printing and before cutting for durability and multiple uses
- PAGE 10 – 16: PATTERNING | LOGIC [AGE 2 YR+] A pattern is a pattern if it repeats at least twice. Ask your child what comes next?
- PAGE 17: FIND THE MISSING HALF | LOGIC [AGE 2 YR] Laminate the page so that you can use a dry erase marker and wipe it clean for multiple uses. Ask the child to connect the dots of the matching halves
- PAGE 18 -19: FOLLOW THE LINE | mastering pre-writing strokes [AGE 1.5 YR+] ~ see HERE a detailed post explaining pre-writing strokes in details as well as showing you different ways to follow the line
- PAGE 20 – 22: PUZZLE | SPACIAL AWARENESS [AGE 2 YR+] ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite the child to assemble the cut-strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order: AGE 2: use 1-5 puzzle, AGE 3: use 1-8 puzzle, AGE 4: use 1-10 puzzle.
- PAGE 23- 26: NUMERACY [AGE 2 YR +] Included Common Core Standards and One-To-One Correspondence in a nutshell
- PAGE 27 – 31: LITERACY [AGE 2.5 YR+] MATCH LOWER TO UPPER CASE LETTER PUZZLE. Control of error: each set will fit together as a puzzle. Included the order of presenting the alphabet according to the Montessori Language curriculum.
- PAGE 32 – 34: SHAPE RECOGNITION | GEOMETRY [AGE 2 YR+]
- PAGE 35 – 37: ✂️SCISSOR SKILLS | Cutting practice [AGE 2 YR+] ~ see HERE a detailed post about the proper scissors skills, the progression, and at what age to start introducing scissors
- PAGE 38: DECORATE A TREE | HANDS-ON LEARNING | Hand-eye coordination. Cut out the elements and offer a child to decorate the Christmas Tree
- PAGE 39: DECORATE WINTER SCENE | HANDS-ON LEARNING | Hand-eye coordination. Cut out the elements and offer a child to decorate a winter scene
- PAGE 40: DISCLOSURES ~ COPYRIGHT ~ do NOT SHARE /SELL /RE-DISTRIBUTE
PART I HOW TO USE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITY PACK
TIPS AND HACKS TO USE THE PRINTABLE
- I am using an iron instead of a laminating machine. (I am using these thermal laminating pouches). HOW: set your iron at low temperature, as if you would iron silk. To be safe, place a plain paper OVER the laminating sheet and iron over it. (See HERE how I did it making a flower bookmark.)
- Alternatively, you can use sheet protectors and insert your pages into it, and then use a dry erase marker.
- For a quicker and more precise straight cutting, I am using a paper trimmer instead of scissors.
PART II HOW TO USE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITY PACK
PINE TREES ALPHABET MATCHING PRINTABLE PUZZLE
👆🏻🌲📄PAGE 27 – 31: LITERACY [AGE 2.5 YR+] MATCH LOWER TO UPPER CASE LETTER PUZZLE.
Control of error: each set will fit together as a puzzle, allowing your child independence and being able to self-correct without adult intervention.
PART III HOW TO USE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITY PACK
PRINT on 8.5 x 11″ letter size paper. *Make sure to check off “fit to printable area.”
Follow the instructions on each page.
My materials are created with high-quality images and are thoughtfully designed from the heart.
© 2020 Montessori From The Heart
My printables are subject to copyright law and are for your PERSONAL use ONLY. You may NOT share, resell, or redistribute them in any form. You may NOT gift, email, share, link or feature this PDF on any website, blog, forum, listerserve., etc.. You MAY post a picture of this material in action on your social media channels, and/or blog/website, etc., however, please TAG @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram and/or include a link to my blogwww.MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
♡ Enriching the Mind one Heart at a time ♡
My materials are for educational purposes only, so please use common sense when implementing my lessons since I can not be held liable for anything that transpires should you follow any of my suggestions or tutorials. Always supervise your children while they are learning through play, especially with little ones as small items might be a choking hazard.
SEE OUR CHRISTMAS UNIT STUDY ON MY BLOG