Christmas Kids Activity Pack
A hands-on play-based Christmas Kids Activity Pack for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to promote fine motor control, logic, literacy, and numeracy skills as well as scissor practice, spatial awareness, hands-on learning, and more!
A hands-on, play-based Christmas Kids Activity Pack for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to promote fine motor control, logic, literacy, and numeracy skills as well as scissor practice, spatial awareness, hands-on learning, and more!
With this Christmas Activity Pack, little hands will be busy and minds agile! So, just CLICK | PRINT | GO and keep little people happily engaged while you are soaking up the Holidays! This pack was carefully created for a wide age range, with a focus on PRESCHOOLERS to support early learning and development.
You will receive an instant 40 pages PDF PLAY-BASED LEARNING Activity pack download.
*THIS IS A DIGITAL PRODUCT* You will receive a 40-page PDF
Having been sharing our hands-on invitations to learn and play on Instagram, I now offer a digital resource you can CLICK | PRINT | GO to save you time from endless research or preparations. My printables are designed to promote ACTIVE HANDS-ON play-based learning, making homeschooling fun, educational, and open-ended. *If you laminate prior to use, you can use these resources over and over again! AND along with the digital download, you also get to see ACTIVITIES IN ACTION! So, you get a resource + ways to play at your fingertips!
INSIDE Christmas Kids Activity Pack
- PAGE 2 – 6: DO A DOT | FINE MOTOR perfect for toddlers and preschoolers [AGE 1.5 YR +] ~ use dot markers, finger paint or a pom pom dipped in paints
- PAGE 7: Q-TIP or finger paint the Christmas lights
- PAGE 8 – 9: COLOR RECOGNITION | SENSORIAL [AGE 2 YR +] start with yellow, red, and blue primary colors first, then introduce green, purple, and orange (secondary colors) ~ I laminate the page after printing and before cutting for durability and multiple uses
- PAGE 10 – 16: PATTERNING | LOGIC [AGE 2.5 YR+] A pattern is a pattern if it repeats at least twice. Ask your child what comes next.
- PAGE 17: FIND THE MISSING HALF | LOGIC [AGE 2 YR] Laminate the page so that you can use a dry-erase marker and wipe it clean for multiple uses. Ask the child to connect the dots of the matching halves
- PAGE 18 -19: [AGE 2.5 YR+] FOLLOW THE LINE | mastering pre-writing strokes ~ see HERE a detailed post explaining pre-writing strokes in detail as well as showing you different ways to follow the line
- PAGE 20 – 22: PUZZLE | SPACIAL AWARENESS ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite the child to assemble the cut strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order: AGE 2.5: use 1-5 puzzles, AGE 3: use 1-8 puzzles, AGE 4: use 1-10 puzzles.
- PAGE 23- 26: NUMERACY [AGE 2 YR +] Included Common Core Standards and One-To-One Correspondence in a nutshell
- PAGE 27 – 31: LITERACY [AGE 3.5 YR+] MATCH LOWER TO UPPER CASE LETTER PUZZLE. Control of error: each set will fit together as a puzzle. Included the order of presenting the alphabet according to the Montessori Language curriculum.
- PAGE 32 – 34: SHAPE RECOGNITION | GEOMETRY [AGE 2 YR+]
- PAGE 35 – 37: ✂️SCISSOR SKILLS | Cutting practice [AGE 2 YR+] ~ see HERE a detailed post about the proper scissors skills, the progression, and at what age to start introducing scissors
- PAGE 38: DECORATE A TREE | HANDS-ON LEARNING | Hand-eye coordination. Cut out the elements and offer a child to decorate the Christmas Tree
- PAGE 39: DECORATE WINTER SCENE | HANDS-ON LEARNING | Hand-eye coordination. Cut out the elements and offer a child to decorate a winter scene
- PAGE 40: DISCLOSURES ~ COPYRIGHT ~ do NOT SHARE /SELL /RE-DISTRIBUTE
PART I HOW TO USE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITY PACK
Do-A-Dot activities offer active learning and educational opportunities to promote concentration, focus and many motor skills. Some of the benefits are:
- Do-A-Dot activities improve hand-eye coordination since a lot of concentration is required to complete the work. Also, a child is developing visual motor control when completing do-a-dot activities.
- Do-A-Dot activities also improve handwriting skills and are a valuable pre-writing teaching tool. Children learn how to fill in a shape, while learning how much pressure to apply to the paper.
- Do-A-Dot activities are also a great tool to strengthen small muscles of the hands and fingers in preparation for writing. Early childhood is the optimal time to help develop vital muscles children will be using throughout their life.
- If an activity involves counting, working on Dot-A-Dot teaches a child number order, sequencing and numeral to quantity association.
TIPS AND HACKS TO USE THE PRINTABLE
- I am using an iron instead of a laminating machine. (I am using these thermal laminating pouches). HOW: set your iron at low temperature, as if you would iron silk. To be safe, place plain paper OVER the laminating sheet and iron over it. (See HERE how I did it making a flower bookmark.)
- Alternatively, you can use sheet protectors and insert your pages into it, and then use a dry erase marker.
- For a quicker and more precise straight cutting, I am using a paper trimmer instead of scissors.
PART II HOW TO USE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITY PACK
PINE TREES ALPHABET MATCHING PRINTABLE PUZZLE
👆🏻🌲📄PAGE 27 – 31: LITERACY [AGE 3.5 YR+] MATCH LOWER TO UPPER CASE LETTER PUZZLE.
Control of error: each set will fit together as a puzzle, allowing your child independence and being able to self-correct without adult intervention.
PART III HOW TO USE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITY PACK
PRINT on 8.5 x 11″ letter size paper in LANDSCAPE. *Make sure to check off “fit to printable area.”
Follow the instructions on each page.
My materials are created with high-quality images and are thoughtfully designed from the heart.
© 2020 Montessori From The Heart
My printables are subject to copyright law and are for your PERSONAL use ONLY. You may NOT share, resell, or redistribute them in any form. You may NOT gift, email, share, link or feature this PDF on any website, blog, forum, etc. You MAY post a picture of this material in action on your social media channels, and/or blog/website, etc., however, please TAG @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram and/or include a link to my blog www.MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
♡ Enriching the Mind one Heart at a time ♡
My materials are for educational purposes only, so please use common sense when implementing my lessons since I can not be held liable for anything that transpires should you follow any of my suggestions or tutorials. Always supervise your children while they are learning through play, especially with little ones as small items might be a choking hazard.
All of the activities in © Montessori From The Heart ♡ store are to be supervised by an ADULT. As the caregiver of your child, you are the best person to assess the abilities of your child. Please take note and be aware of a child who is still mouthing items or is unsafe with small objects that could be placed in the nose, ears, or mouth. The owner of © Montessori From The Heart ♡ disclaims all liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in activities in this curriculum. It is the caregiver’s responsibility to monitor the child. Use these activities at your own discretion.
Terms & Conditions:
- This product is to be used ONLY by the original downloader.
- This product is licensed for SINGLE use and is intended for ONE-FAMILY household ONLY. You may use it with your own multiple children only ~ NO friends or classroom use, please.
- Redistributing, selling, editing, or posting this item or any part thereof is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the owner.
- You may make copies for your personal use but will need to purchase a school license for use in multiple classrooms or schools in different locations ~ please email me anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com.
- When blogging or posting about these printables, please give credit back to Montessori From the Heart by hyperlinking to my website and tagging me as @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram, where you can also see the behind the scenes of Insta Stories where I share our daily homeschooling activities.
- You may NOT sell or host these files as your own.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- If you have any questions regarding this or other of my materials, please email me at anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
SEE OUR CHRISTMAS UNIT STUDY ON MY BLOG