Thanksgiving Kids Activity Pack
A hands-on Thanksgiving Kids Activity Pack for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to promote fine motor control, logic, literacy, and numeracy skills as well as scissor practice, spatial awareness, journaling, and more!
With this Thanksgiving Activity Pack, my goal is to keep little hands busy and minds agile! So, I hope during this holiday season you can CLICK | PRINT | GO and keep little people happily engaged while you are preparing for the Holidays!
You will receive an instant 40 pages PDF download.
INSIDE Thanksgiving Kids Activity Pack:
- PAGE 2 – 7: DO A DOT | FINE MOTOR perfect for toddlers and preschoolers [AGE 1.5 YR +] ~ use dot markers, finger paint or a pom pom dipped in paints
- PAGE 8 – 9: COLOR RECOGNITION | SENSORIAL [AGE 2 YR +] start with red and yellow colors first (they are primary), then introduce green and orange (secondary colors) ~ I laminate the page after printing and before cutting for durability
- PAGE 10 – 16: PATTERNING | LOGIC [AGE 2 YR+] A pattern is a pattern if it repeats at least twice. Ask your child what comes next?
- PAGE 17: FIND THE MISSING HALF | LOGIC [AGE 2 YR] Laminate the page so that you can use a dry erase marker and wipe it clean for multiple uses. Ask the child to connect the dots of the matching halves
- PAGE 18 -19: FOLLOW THE LINE | mastering pre-writing strokes [AGE 1.5 YR+] ~ see HERE a detailed post explaining pre-writing strokes in details as well as showing you different ways to follow the line
- PAGE 20 – 22: PUZZLE | SPACIAL AWARENESS [AGE 2 YR+] ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite the child to assemble the cut-strips in order A control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order: AGE 2: use 1-5 puzzle, AGE 3: use 1-8 puzzle, AGE 4: use 1-10 puzzle.
- PAGE 23- 26: NUMERACY [AGE 2 YR +] Included Common Core Standards and One-To-One Correspondence in a nutshell
- PAGE 27 – 31: LITERACY [AGE 2.5 YR+] Included the order of presenting the alphabet according to Montessori Language curriculum
- PAGE 32 – 35: SHAPE RECOGNITION | GEOMETRY [AGE 2 YR+]
- PAGE 36 – 38: ✂️SCISSOR SKILLS | Cutting practice [AGE 2 YR+] ~ see HERE a detailed post about the proper scissors skills, the progression, and when to introduce
- PAGE 39: ✍🏻 JOURNALING “I am thankful for … ” prompts for toddlers, preschooler, and kindergartners
PART I VIDEO ~ ACTIVITIES IN ACTION
TIPS AND HACKS TO USE THE PRINTABLE
- You can use an iron instead of a laminating machine. (I am using these thermal laminating pouches). HOW: set your iron at low temperature, as if you would iron silk. To be safe, place a plain paper OVER the laminating sheet and iron over it. (See HERE how I did it making a flower bookmark.)
- Alternatively, you can use sheet protectors and insert your page into it, and then use a dry erase marker.
- For a quicker and more precise straight cutting, I am using a paper trimmer instead of scissors.
PART II VIDEO ~ ACTIVITIES IN ACTION
INSTRUCTIONS: Print on 8.5 x 11″ letter size paper. Follow the instructions on each page.
My materials are created with high-quality images and are thoughtfully designed from the heart.
© 2020 Montessori From The Heart
My printables are subject to copyright law and are for your PERSONAL use ONLY. You may NOT share, resell, or redistribute them in any form. You may NOT gift, email, share, link or feature this PDF on any website, blog, forum, listerserve., etc.. You MAY post a picture of this material in action on your social media channels, and/or blog/website, etc., however, please TAG @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram and/or include a link to my blog www.MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
♡ Enriching the Mind one Heart at a time ♡
My materials are for educational purposes only, so please use common sense when implementing my lessons since I can not be held liable for anything that transpires should you follow any of my suggestions or tutorials. Always supervise your children while they are learning through play, especially with little ones as small items might be a choking hazard.