North America Backyard Birds Montessori 3-Part Cards English and Spanish
North America Backyard Birds Montessori Nomenclature 3-Part Cards for children of all ages to learn to identify feathered friends while building vocabulary, developing visual discrimination, and sharpening mental skills. Also a download available in Spanish.
North America Backyard Birds Montessori Nomenclature 3-Part Cards for children of all ages to learn to identify feathered friends while building vocabulary, developing visual discrimination, and sharpening mental skills.
Your little ornithologist (a person who studies birds) will love learning to identify feathered friends with this set of Montessori 3-part cards featuring beautiful photographs of 24 common North American backyard birds.
*THIS IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD* NO physical product is being shipped You’ll receive a 16 page PDF as (2) FILES ~ choose which one to download or download both
- a full resolution file 338 MB (will take time to download)
- a compressed file 4.5 MB
- Also a file in Spanish
Montessori Nomenclature Three-Part Cards refer to card materials that children manipulate in order to internalize the information on the cards and learn about their world. In a Montessori environment, these cards are used as a foundation of classification, reading, writing, culture, geography, and art. The three-part cards give a child an opportunity to build vocabulary, enrich the language, develop visual discrimination, and promote rational thinking. Montessori 3-part cards are an excellent way to increase mental ability and are suitable for a wide age range. You can use 3-part cards with toddlers as matching cards, and as actual 3-part cards with older children who are learning to read.
The Montessori 3-part cards consist of 3 parts:
- Labeled picture cards also named control cards – these are the picture cards with labels written under the pictures
- Picture cards – these are the picture cards without labels
- Labels – small cards with only words and no pictures
💡 Why use Montessori 3 Part Nomenclature cards when you already have so many books? Because one method is ACTIVELY absorbing and the other is passively collecting sound waves into the ear canal. Have you seen your child gazing out and above when you read? I did! It almost always happens unless I involve them! And the best way to kindle the interest and sustain attention so far has been Montessori 3 Part Cards!
We started with Adrian at 15 months – identical picture to picture matching and gradually moving on to object to picture matching. The cards are very versatile as they can be used/modified for any age.
North America Backyard Birds Montessori 3-Part Cards Also in Spanish
- You can use an IRON instead of a laminating machine by setting your iron at a low temperature as if you would iron silk. Also, place paper OVER the laminating sheet and iron over it. (See HERE how I did it making a flower bookmark.)
Terms & Conditions:
- This product is to be used only by the original downloader.
- This product is licensed for single use and is intended for one-family household ONLY. You may use it with your own multiple children only ~ no friends or classroom use, please.
- Redistributing, selling, editing, or posting this item or any part thereof is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the owner.
- You may make copies for your personal use but will need to purchase a school license for use in multiple classrooms or schools in different locations ~ please email me MontessoriFromTheHeart@gmail.com
- When blogging or posting about these printables, please give credit back to Montessori From the Heart by hyperlinking to my website and tagging me as @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram, where you can also see the behind the scenes of Insta Stories where I share our daily homeschooling activities.
- You may NOT sell or host these files as your own.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- If you have any questions regarding this or other of my materials, please email me at anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
♡ Enriching the Mind one Heart at a time ♡
I bought it for my daughter, but I love it myself. I feel like I am having even more fun with back yard birds than her:)
I am so glad! Thank you! It is amazing how we can kindle the love of learning through our children! I myself definitely enjoy as well going on nature and bird hunts! Xo, Anya