Winter Kids Activity Pack
A hands-on play-based WINTER Kids Activity Pack for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to promote fine motor control, logic, literacy, and numeracy skills as well as scissor practice, spatial awareness, hands-on learning, and more!
A hands-on play-based WINTER Kids Activity Pack for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to promote fine motor control, logic, literacy, and numeracy skills as well as scissor practice, spatial awareness, experiential learning, fine art, and more!
With this ULTIMATE 80+ PAGE WINTER Kids Activity Pack, little hands will be busy and minds agile! Just CLICK | PRINT | GO and keep little people happily engaged while you can catch your breath! And trust me! I KNOW WORKBOOKS ARE BORING! And your CHILDREN know it TOO! That is WHY I created an ultimate HANDS-ON ACTIVITY pack where little hands will be dotting, imprinting, connecting, clipping, gluing, matching, and manipulating! Experiential learning or “learning by doing” is an essential constituent of the Montessori teaching method.
THIS IS A SINGLE FAMILY USE! Print as many copied for your OWN children but please do NOT share with friends and do NOT use as a classroom resource!
This pack was carefully designed to stimulate the senses and engage children in ACTIVE learning to support early development. Hands-on activities encourage “experiential” learning, as opposed to the more traditional comparably passive model of lecture and drill exercises. With this MEGA 80+ PAGE PACK, repetition is accomplished by having a variety of prompts with which to practice the same concept, thus leading to mastery of the concept. Trust me, with this Winter Kids Activity Pack, little hands will be engaged in a wide range of activities, triggering various skills while keeping the absorbing minds soaking up information intuitively, spontaneously, and with ease!
*THIS IS A DIGITAL PRODUCT* NO PHYSICAL PRODUCT IS BEING SHIPPED* YOU WILL RECEIVE 80+ PAGE PDF
You will receive (2) downloadable files (choose either or download BOTH!)
- FULL resolution 239 MB download PDF file AND
- a compressed 26 MB PDF file
Having been sharing our hands-on invitations to learn and play on Instagram, I now offer a digital resource you can CLICK | PRINT | GO to save you time from endless research or preparations. My printables are designed to promote ACTIVE HANDS-ON play-based learning, making homeschooling FUN, EDUCATIONAL, and OPEN-ENDED. *If you laminate prior to use, you can use these resources over and over again! AND along with the digital download, you also get to see ACTIVITIES IN ACTION! So, you get a RESOURCE + ways to PLAY at your fingertips!
Buy rainbow dot markers HERE
INSIDE Winter Kids Activity Pack
- PAGE 2: [AGE 1 Y+] KIDS NURSERY RHYMES | POETRY ~ A Chubby Little Snowman
- PAGE 3: [AGE 2 Y+] DECORATE A WINTER SCENE ~ Cut out the elements and place them on a snowy background to bring A Chubby Little Snowman poem to life. Optional: tape cutouts to craft sticks to make puppets.
- PAGE 4 – 9: [AGE 18 M +] DO A DOT | FINE MOTOR perfect for toddlers and preschoolers ~ use dot markers, finger paint or a pom pom dipped in paints to fill in the winter object.
- PAGE 10 – 11: [AGE 18 M+] WINTER HALVES PUZZLE | LOGIC ~Cut out the winter cards along the dotted lines. Thereafter, cut each card in half and invite a child to assemble the puzzle. (Optional: print another copy and leave it intact to use as control cards.)
- PAGE 12 & 14: [AGE 4 Y+] WHAT IS DIFFERENT? | LOGIC ~ Cross out an object that does not belong or is different in some way. The objects are purposefully similar, but one is distinctly different.
- PAGE 13 & 15: WHAT IS DIFFERENT? | ANSWERS
- PAGE 16: CUT OUT FOR PATTERN ACTIVITY
- PAGE 17 – 19: [AGE 3 Y+] FINISH THE PATTERN AB, AB | LOGIC
- PAGE 20 -21: [AGE 3.5 Y+] FINISH THE PATTERN AA,BB | LOGIC
- PAGE 22: [AGE 18 M+] FIND THE MISSING HALF | LOGIC ~ Laminate the page so that you can use a dry erase marker and wipe it clean for multiple uses. Ask the child to connect the dots of the matching halves.
- PAGE 23: FIND THE MISSING HALF | Control Card
- PAGE 24: [AGE 1.5 Y+] PRE-WRITING STROKES | FOLLOW THE LINE | mastering pre-writing strokes ~ see HERE a detailed post explaining pre-writing strokes in details as well as showing you different ways to follow the line. You can also trace in dyed rice or salt. See dyed rice recipe HERE.
- PAGE 25: [AGE 2 YR+] ✂️ SCISSOR SKILLS | Cutting practice~ see HERE a detailed post about the proper scissors skills, the progression, and at what age to start introducing scissors ~ Follow the dotted line with scissors. Model proper scissor grasp. Optional: print multiple copies and use for tracing prewriting strokes as well.
- PAGE 26 & 28: [AGE 2.5 Y+] FIND THE MATCH | LOGIC ~ In the circle, there is a winter object. Find and mark it among the other objects. Optional: laminate and use a dry erase marker for multiple use.
- PAGE 27 & 29: FIND THE MATCH | ANSWERS ~Print this page as a control card ~ aka the control of error so that the child can independently self-correct if needed.
- PAGE 30 & 32: [AGE 4 Y+] SIZE COMPARISON | LOGIC
- PAGE 31 & 33: SIZE COMPARISON | ANSWERS
- PAGE 34: MONTESSORI NOMENCLATURE 3-Part Cards in a Nutshell
- PAGE 35 – 42: [AGE 1 Y+] WINTER WORDS | Enreaching Vocabulary Montessori 3- part cards
- PAGE 43-45: [AGE 5 Y+] SYMMETRY DRAWING | HAND-EYE coordination ~ Finish drawing the other half of the snowflake. This is an amazing hand-eye coordination and spatial awareness exercise.
- PAGE 46 – 48: [AGE 4 Y+] SALT PAINTING | FINE MOTOR ~ Print on hard cardstock. Apply liquid glue over the snowflake branches. Let dry. Thereafter, using a dropper, paint salt with colored water.
- PAGE 49: BLANK CONTROL PUZZLE for
- PAGE 50: STRIP PUZZLE 1-5 [AGE 2 Y+] | SPACIAL AWARENESS ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite the child to assemble the cut-strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order.
- PAGE 51: BLANK CONTROL PUZZLE for
- PAGE 52: STRIP PUZZLE 1-8 [AGE 2.5 Y+] | SPACIAL AWARENESS ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite the child to assemble the cut-strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order.
- PAGE 53: BLANK CONTROL PUZZLE for PAGE 54
- PAGE 54: STRIP PUZZLE 1-10 [AGE 3 Y+] | SPACIAL AWARENESS ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite the child to assemble the cut-strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order.
- PAGE 55: [AGE 2 Y+] DOT THE SNOWFLAKE | NUMERACY ~ Finger or pom pom paint each snowflake and count each ALOUD. Connect counting to cardinality and practice numeral to quantity association and 1:1 correspondence.
- PAGE 56: [AGE 2.5 Y+] NUMBER RECOGNITION | MATH ~ Connect a number symbol to a corresponding quantity of winter objects, and practice connecting cardinality, numeral to quantity association and 1:1 correspondence.
- PAGE 57: NUMBER RECOGNITION | ANSWERS
- PAGE 58 – 59: Common Core Standards and One-To-One Correspondence in a nutshell
- PAGE 60 – 64: [AGE 3 Y+] ALPHABET MATCHING | LITERACY ~ MATCH LOWER TO UPPER CASE LETTER PUZZLE. Control of error: each iceberg set will fit together as a puzzle. Included is the order of presenting the alphabet according to the Montessori Language curriculum. Optional: laminate for durability.
- PAGE 65 -66: [AGE 3 Y+] SHAPE RECOGNITION | GEOMETRY ~ Cut out the shapes from the following page and match them to the identical shapes the penguin is holding. Optional: laminate the page for durability and offer to trace over with a dry erase marker.
- PAGE 67 – 68: [AGE 2 YR +] COLOR RECOGNITION | SENSORIAL ~ start with yellow, red, and blue primary colors first, then introduce green, purple, and orange (secondary colors). Optional: laminate the page after printing and before cutting for durability and multiple uses.
- PAGE 69 -71: CUTTING STRIPS | SCISSOR SKILLS ~ cut along the dotted lines ~ see HERE a detailed post about the proper scissors skills, the progression, and at what age to start introducing scissors.
- PAGE 72: WHY INTRODUCE FINE ARTS TO CHILDREN? Introduction.
- PAGE 73- 74: [AGE 3 Y+] WINTER FINE ART ~ SEEK AND FIND! Offer to match an element/ circle to a full reproduction. Optional: offer a magnifying glass and bring attention to details. We absolutely love CAN YOU FIND IT? book that reveals the beauty of fine art by having little people bring attention to details!
- PAGE 75: [AGE 1 Y+] FINE ART | TODDLER PUZZLEPrint, laminate and cut out each card. Then, cut each picture along the dotted line. Offer to match/join the halves, making the reproduction whole.
- PAGE 76-83: [AGE 3 Y+] WINTER FINE ART STRIP PUZZLE ~ Cut out the reproduction along the black border. Thereafter, cut along the dotted lines. Invite to solve the puzzle by aligning the strips in order. (Optional: print another copy and use intact reproduction as a control card.)
- PAGE 84: DISCLOSURE | INSTRUCTIONS
FOLLOW THE LINE [PAGE 24 and 25]
DYED SAND TRACING TRAY
DYED SAND Montessori TRACING TRAY ~ DETAILS IN A BLOG POST HERE.
TODDLER PUZZLES [PAGE 10 – 11]
Although a little harder than matching identical picture to picture, you can start introducing MATCH THE HALVES PUZZLE at about AGE 18 M+. HOW: Cut out the winter cards along the dotted gray lines. Thereafter, cut each card in half and invite a child to assemble the puzzle. (Optional: print another copy and leave it intact to use as control cards.)
Here is a FUN way to use the TODDLER HALVES puzzle with magnetic tiles! I used tape to secure each half to a color matching magnetic tile. A control of error is that the matching picture halves are the same color tiles.
SNOWFLAKE DRAW & PAINT THE LINE [PAGE 43 – 48]
The snowflake part of the printable has two invitations. The first one, PAGE 43-45 is SYMMETRY DRAWING. It is an invitation to finish drawing the other half of the snowflake. This exercise is for children age 5 YR+ and it is amazing hand-eye coordination and spatial awareness exercise.
The second part is PAGE 46 – 48 SALT PAINTING suitable for children AGE 4 Y +. *Print on hard cardstock or the paper will get soggy. Apply a thin layer of liquid glue over the branches of the snowflake, following the drawing. (If you add too much glue, the paper will get soggy.) Sprinkle generously with salt. (Optional: let dry. In the video tutorial, I did NOT let the glue dry.) Thereafter, using a dropper or a paintbrush, ‘paint’ salt by wetting it with watercolors.
We absolutely LOVE The Secret Life of a Snowflake book to explore the beauty of fascinating snowflakes.
MORE INSIDE THE WINTER MEGAPACK
LOGIC & ANSWER KEY
INTRODUCTION TO FINE ART
TIPS AND HACKS TO USE THE PRINTABLE
- To laminate, you can use an iron instead of a laminating machine. (Love these thermal laminating pouches). HOW: set your iron at low temperature, as if you would iron silk. To be safe, place plain paper OVER the laminating sheet and iron over it. (See HERE how I did it making a flower bookmark.)
- Alternatively, you can use sheet protectors and insert your pages into it, and then use a dry erase marker.
- For a quicker and more precise straight cutting, I am using a paper trimmer instead of scissors.
PRINT on 8.5 x 11″ letter size paper. *Make sure to check off “fit to printable area.”
Follow the instructions on each page.
My materials are created with high-quality images and are thoughtfully designed from the heart.
© 2021 Montessori From The Heart
My printables are subject to copyright law and are for your PERSONAL use ONLY. You may NOT share, resell, or redistribute them in any form. You may NOT gift, email, share, link or feature this PDF on any website, blog, forum, etc.. You MAY post a picture of this material in action on your social media channels, and/or blog/website, etc., however, please TAG @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram and/or include a link to my blog www.MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
My materials are for educational purposes only, so please use common sense when implementing my lessons since I can not be held liable for anything that transpires should you follow any of my suggestions or tutorials. Always supervise your children while they are learning through play, especially with little ones as small items might be a choking hazard.
All of the activities in © Montessori From The Heart ♡ store are to be supervised by an ADULT. As the caregiver of your child, you are the best person to assess the abilities of your child. Please take note and be aware of a child who is still mouthing items or is unsafe with small objects that could be placed in the nose, ears, or mouth. The owner of © Montessori From The Heart ♡ disclaims all liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in activities in this curriculum. It is the caregiver’s responsibility to monitor the child. Use these activities at your own discretion.
Terms & Conditions:
- This product is to be used ONLY by the original downloader.
- This product is licensed for SINGLE use and is intended for ONE-FAMILY household ONLY. You may use it with your own multiple children only ~ NO friends or classroom use, please.
- Redistributing, selling, editing, or posting this item or any part thereof is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the owner.
- You may make copies for your personal use but will need to purchase a school license for use in multiple classrooms or schools in different locations ~ please email me anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com.
- When blogging or posting about these printables, please give credit back to Montessori From the Heart by hyperlinking to my website and tagging me as @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram, where you can also see the behind the scenes of Insta Stories where I share our daily homeschooling activities.
- You may NOT sell or host these files as your own.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- If you have any questions regarding this or other of my materials, please email me at anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
My kid has enjoyed this package a lot and use it multiple times. The different challenges have helped me provide him with variety as his age progresses.