Arctic Sensory Learning Kit
Arctic Sensory Learning Kit promotes fine motor skills, cognitive growth and language development in toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners.
Welcome to my shop where I hope to inspire the love of learning through fun hands-on educational sensory play. Exposing children early on to sensory play in any age-appropriate, child-driven environment is the key to building confidence, knowledge, and mastery. In addition, sensory play is extremely important for children as it supports language development, cognitive growth, fine motor skills, problem-solving skills, and social interaction. As your child learns through play, s/he triggers multiple neurons when tactile, visual and language stimuli are sparked off! Besides, with this Arctic sensory learning kit, all the thinking and prepping was done for you, so the set up should be minimal. Most importantly, this Montessori inspired small-world sensory play-tray will offer opportunities for simple yet engaging activities that promote important developmental skills such as hand-eye coordination, body control, and dexterity.
Why Multi-Sensorial Stimulation
Did you know that combining the sense of touch with other senses such as vision, hearing, smell, and/or taste helps build cognitive skills? In fact, pediatricians now advocate for simultaneous multi-sensorial stimulation! The nervous system is multisensorial right from its early development stage when a toddler, for example, uses a sense of touch to explore the texture of food, smell and taste to identify it, and the vestibular sense to sit upright at a weaning chair during food offerings. In fact, hands-on learning through the power of sensory play happens all the time! Besides advancing fine motor skills, children also develop language, social interaction, and reasoning skills, as they strengthen neurological pathways within the developing brain! Sensory play also helps develop new synapses between neurons, leading to a lasting memory and brain agility! Thus, I pay homage to the power of sensory play!
Please note, that this Montessori inspired Small-World Arctic Sensory Kit can be modified for smaller children, including babies and toddlers. However, it is mainly designed for preschoolers and kindergartens.
WHAT is IN your Arctic Sensory Learning Kit:
- (5) land animals figurines
- (4) sea animals figurines
- (2) pine trees
- non-toxic white play dough (recipe on how to make your own no-cook home-made play-dough included)
- 7″ wooden roller pin
- a metal snowflake cookie-cutter
- a wooden double-sided snowflake stamp
- blue hydrogels
- an aluminum tin (8x6x2) to hold your hydrogels (freezer friendly)
- instant snow
- a ziplock-bags (quart size)
- Montessori 3-Part Animals Matching Cards PDF Download
- Instruction cards for hydrogels and snow-making Included
♡ BONUS: access to an exclusive PRIVATE MEMBER-ONLY-ZONE with details, pictures, and extensions.
1. PLAY DOUGH play [AGE 8M+]; roll & stamp [1Y+]; cookie-cutter [2Y+] Play-dough strengthen little fingers and hands which in turn helps your child with acquiring a strong pencil grip. Playdough also fosters creativity and imagination.
2. place hydrogels into a zip-lock bag for BABY-SAFE sensory play [AGE 6M+]
3. animal MATCHING cards [AGE 17M+]
4. playdough animal FOOTPRINTS [AGE 3Y+]
5. hydrogels “OCEAN” sensory bin [AGE 2Y+]
6. FROZEN hydrogels Polar Ice Cap sensory bin [AGE 3Y+]
7. instant SNOW MAKING [AGE 2Y+]
8. instant SNOW COLORING [AGE 3Y+]
9. SORTING animals land vs sea [AGE 3Y+]
10. SUBITIZING [AGE 5Y+]
ALL SALES ARE FINAL ~ NO RETURNS or REFUNDS
Warning: Choking Hazard! The kit includes small parts. Always supervise your children!
Note: Items may vary slightly from kit to kit and may not exactly match the pictures
The price shown does not include sales tax or shipping cost
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to fight global warming
I would love to hear from you whether you and your family enjoyed my Arctic Sensory Learning Kit, and if you liked it, please, share the love and write a review at my shop. And, if we are connected on Instagram, I would LOVE to see my learning kits in action: either in your Stories or as a post! Please, make sure to tag me @MontessoriFromTheHeart so that I receive a notification, and I will feature you in my Stories.
©2020 Montessori From The Heart ~ All Rights Reserved
This material is for personal use only and may not be shared or distributed in any form. My kits are for educational purposes only, so please use common sense when implementing my lessons since I can not be held liable for anything that transpires should you follow any of my suggestions or tutorials. Always supervise your children while they are learning through play, especially with small children as some items might be a choking hazard.
♡ Enriching the Mind one Heart at a time ♡
|Dimensions||9 × 6 × 3 in|