Frog Life-Cycle Learning Kit
Frog’s life-cycle Montessori small world sensory learning kit allows preschoolers and kindergartners to explore changes a frog undergoes from birth to maturity through a fun hands-on sensory invitation to learn and play.
Frog’s life-cycle Montessori small world sensory learning kit for preschoolers and kindergartners to explore changes a frog undergoes from birth to maturity through a fun hands-on sensory invitation to learn and play.
Welcome to my shop, where I hope to inspire the love of learning through fun, hands-on educational learning by doing activities. So, if you are looking to engage your little one at home without the assistance of electronic devices, but are not sure where to begin, the frog lifecycle learning kit is a place to start! So, you no longer need to endlessly scroll for ideas or swim in the Pinterest ocean! This play-based learning small-world frog sensory kit will stimulate tactile senses with hydrogels, advance fine-motor control through scooping and transferring, and develop language skills with Frog Lifecycle Montessori nomenclature 3-part cards. With hands-on project-based invitations to play and learn, your little one will be absorbing new skills and knowledge in no time!
Purchase any 2 kits, and get a reduced $5 shipping cost per kit. [Place an order for both, choose ‘flat rate’ and I will refund $10.]
*NOT for CHILDREN UNDER 3 YR~ CHOKING HAZARD! This is a PHYSICAL PRODUCT*
This educational Small-World Frog Sensory Kit is for YOU if:
- you are a parent, a caregiver, or a teacher of a preschooler or a kindergartener (ages 3-6 YO)
- you wish to stimulate play-based learning through simple yet engaging invitations to play
- you strive for less screen time and more fun and educational activities with your kids
- you are tired of endlessly swimming in the vast ocean of social media, just to find an activity but not having the tools or knowing how to implement it
- you want to have a play-based learning kit where all the thinking and prepping was done for you so that you can spend time doing what you love
- you want to take action and play creatively NOW
WHAT’s IN a Frog LifeCycle Learning Kit:
- 7 x 10 x 3 white sensory box with lid
- green shredded paper (makes a perfect filler as grass)
- LifeCycle of a 🐸 Frog Figurines
- blue hydrogels for ‘water’ [Instructions: add 2 cups of water and watch them grow; add another 2 cups for maximum expansion, but you will have to transfer hydrogels into a large tray. Store your hydrogels in the refrigerator. Rinse them and add a few drops of tea tree oil to prevent mold growth. They can last up to 6 months. You can also shrink them to their original size and then re-hydrate them again.] WARNING: DO NOT INGEST! CHOKING HAZARD!
- Learning Resources scooper to transfer hydrogels and advance fine motor control
- 2.4″-2.8″ solid wood slice
- 🖨 Montessori 3-Part LifeCycle of a Frog Nomenclature Cards PDF [instant download]
- 🖨Frog LifeCycle Matching Cards [instant download]
- 📚 National Geographic Readers: Tadpole to Frog Book
This white SENSORY Box with a lid (which becomes your tray) ~ 7 x 10 x 3″ is PERFECT for creative PLAY to KEEP the FILLER IN THE BOX!
Nomenclature 3-Part cards
Montessori nomenclature 3-Part cards are a wonderful tool to boost language development and visual matching skills. These cards are most effective when paired with frog lifecycle figurines while the child learns details about the cycle stages, names, and distinguishing characteristics.
Small World Sensory Play
Exposing children early on to sensory play in any age-appropriate, child-driven environment is the key to building confidence, knowledge, and mastery. Also, sensory play is extremely important for children as it supports language development, cognitive growth, fine motor skills, problem-solving skills, and social interaction. As your child learns through play, s/he triggers multiple neurons when tactile, visual, and language stimuli are sparked off! Besides, with this Frog LifeCycle Learning Kit, all the thinking and prepping were done for you, so the setup should be minimal. Most importantly, this Montessori-inspired small-world sensory play kit will offer opportunities for simple yet engaging activities that promote important developmental skills such as hand-eye coordination, body control, and dexterity.
Why Multi-Sensorial Stimulation
Did you know that combining the sense of touch with other senses helps build cognitive skills? In fact, pediatricians now advocate for simultaneous multi-sensorial stimulation! The nervous system is multisensorial right from its early development stage when a toddler, for example, uses a sense of touch to explore the texture of food, smell and taste to identify it, and the vestibular sense to sit upright at a weaning chair during food offerings. Thus, hands-on learning through the power of sensory play happens all the time! In addition to advancing fine motor control, children also develop social interaction, trigger language, and reasoning skills! Most importantly, during this process, they strengthen neurological pathways within the developing brain! Sensory play also helps develop new synapses between neurons, leading to a lasting memory and brain agility! Thus, I pay homage to the power of sensory play!
“Education is a natural process carried out by the child and is not acquired by listening to words, but by experiences in the environment …[as such] “growth comes from activity, not from intellectual understanding.” ~ Dr. Maria Montessori.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Warning: Choking Hazard! The kit includes small parts. Always supervise your child!
Note: Items and colors may vary slightly and may not exactly match the pictures.
The price shown does not include sales tax or shipping costs.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to fight global warming.
My materials are for educational purposes only, so please use common sense when implementing my lessons since I can not be held liable for anything that transpires should you follow any of my suggestions or tutorials. Always supervise your children while they are learning through play, especially with little ones as small items might be a choking hazard.
All of the activities in © Montessori From The Heart ♡ store are to be supervised by an ADULT. As the caregiver of your child, you are the best person to assess the abilities of your child. Please take note and be aware of a child who is still mouthing items or is unsafe with small objects that could be placed in the nose, ears, or mouth. The owner of © Montessori From The Heart ♡ disclaims all liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in activities in this curriculum. It is the caregiver’s responsibility to monitor the child. Use these activities at your own discretion.
Terms & Conditions:
- This product is to be used ONLY by the original downloader.
- This product is licensed for SINGLE use and is intended for ONE-FAMILY household ONLY. You may use it with your own multiple children only ~ NO friends or classroom use, please.
- Redistributing, selling, editing, or posting this item or any part thereof is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the owner.
- You may make copies for your personal use but will need to purchase a school license for use in multiple classrooms or schools in different locations ~ please email me anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com.
- When blogging or posting about these printables, please give credit back to Montessori From the Heart by hyperlinking to my website and tagging me as @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram, where you can also see the behind the scenes of Insta Stories where I share our daily homeschooling activities.
- You may NOT sell or host these files as your own.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- If you have any questions regarding this or other of my materials, please email me at anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
|Dimensions||9 × 6 × 3 in|