Popsicle craft-sticks embellished snowflake DIY is an easy and fun craft for kids to express creativity while promoting hand-eye coordination, pincer grasp, and fine motor control.
This easy-to-make popsicle craft-sticks Snowflake DIY can be embellished with just about anything such as gems, beads, buttons, or dyed pasta to create one-of-a-kind ornaments or decorations. The best part is that the sky is the limit to your originality! There are no rules to follow; just put your creative cap on and enjoy the process! And each snowflake will end up unique, just like a real one! Most importantly, while working on this fun craft, children develop essential motor skills and coordination, as well as patience and precision.
You’ll Need for Craft sticks Popsicle Craft-Sticks Embellished Snowflake
- glue (preferably hot glue gun)
- three wooden craft-sticks (or popsicle sticks) for each snowflake
- paint in color of choice (we are using fast drying tempra paint)
- strong craft glue (or hot glue gun)
- embellishments of choice to decorate the snowflakes (we are using adhesive gems stickers)
Popsicle Craft-Sticks Embellished Snowflake
Popsicle Craft-Sticks Embellished Snowflake Instructions:
- First, paint each craft stick. Make sure to have scrap paper or newspaper under to limit the arty mess. Children can paint them whatever color they want!
- Once the paint is dry, glue the three sticks over each other to create a snowflake shape by putting a small bit of hot glue in between each popsicle stick in the middle. Make sure to form the shape of the snowflake evenly, resembling a hexagon.
- Lastly, the fun part! It is time to embellish and decorate!
Please note that the snowflake is a hexagon shape so it should have six branches instead of eight.
Have you ever made Popsicle Craft-Sticks Embellished Snowflake? Leave a comment if you did.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Digestive System magnetic apple feeding DIY kids activity for preschoolers and kindergarteners to learn how food passes through different organs of the human body.
DIY Montessori Language Cabinet holds tiny 3D miniature objects that represent the beginning sound for each letter of the alphabet to promote early literacy and phonemic awareness.
Conscious Parenting embraces that children are not vessels to be molded but are sovereign spirits with untapped potentials to be unfolded.
Join the WINTER Course
200 printable pages, eBooks, video tutorials, cultural and science lessons, and lots of activities to promote experiential learning!
Winter, Cold and Polar Regions themed activities will have your child engaged in hands-on learning! Besides, your little one will be practicing fine and gross motor control, numeracy, and literacy skills through project-based invitations to learn and play. Interactive printables will trigger visual discrimination skills while your child is practicing problem-solving, spatial reasoning, cognitive thinking, and more!
Montessori MADE EASY MEMBERSHIP
Also, in case you are exhausted from swimming in the vast ocean of irrelevant information and saving activities you never get to! JOIN Montessori MADE-EASY membership! And if you do, the WINTER COURSE is included in the membership amongst MANY other perks!
I am here to help! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!