Turtles and Life-Cycle Learning Kit
Turtles and life-cycle sensory learning kit to explore reproduction, birth, and growth stages, as well as these turtally amazing reptiles such as sea turtles, tortoises, and terrapins.
Turtles and life-cycle sensory learning kit to explore reproduction, birth, and growth stages, as well as types of these turtally amazing reptiles including species of sea turtles, tortoises, and terrapins.
Welcome to my shop, where I hope to inspire the love of learning through fun, hands-on educational learning by doing activities. So, if you are looking to engage your little one at home without the assistance of electronic devices, but are not sure where to begin, then this Turtles and Life-Cycle learning kit is a place to start! You will no longer need to endlessly scroll for ideas or swim in the Pinterest ocean! This play-based learning small-world turtles sensory kit will stimulate tactile senses with water-beads, advance fine-motor control through scooping and transferring and develop language skills with nomenclature cards. With hands-on project-based invitations to play and learn, your little one will be absorbing new skills and knowledge in no time!
Besides, we are turtally raging about turtles! Who would not recognize their distinctive shell, scaly body, and wise face? These amazing creatures come in all shapes and sizes! On land, you will find giant, slow-moving tortoises. In freshwaters, you are most likely to meet snappy terrapins basking in the sun. And sea turtles gracefully glide through our oceans all over the world, except in very cold areas. And, what about a sea turtle migration, when she travels as many as 10,000 miles between foraging and nesting grounds! So, let’s SHELLebrate these awesome reptiles who date back to the time of the dinosaurs, and look at their lifecycle and learn about different types.
*NOT for CHILDREN UNDER 3 YR~ CHOKING HAZARD! This is PHYSICAL PRODUCT*
WHAT’s IN a Turtles Life-Cycle Learning Kit:
- Safari Ltd life-cycle of a sea turtle
- (6) different turtles, which you can sort into sea turtles, tortoises, and terrapins, and also by habitat: land or water.
- white sensory box with a lid (which becomes your tray) ~ 7 x 10 x 3″ which is perfect for creative play to keep the filler IN the bin!
- water beads (instructions: add 2 cups of water and watch them grow; add another 2 cups for maximum expansion). To store, rinse well under tap water and add a few drops of tea tree oil to prevent mold growth. Water beads can last 6 months or longer. You can also shrink them to their original size and then re-hydrate again. WARNING: DO NOT INGEST! CHOKING HAZARD!
- small pebbles
- National Geographic Kids: Turtles book
- (1) seaweed
- green and blue shredded paper (can be used as land and water sensory fillers)
- (1) white small container/tray
- Learning Resources scooper to transfer water beads and advance fine motor control
- (4) solid wood slices
- Turtles Life Cycle PDF download
- Types of Turtles Montessori Nomenclature 3-Part Cards with description PDF download
- Types of Turtles Description eBook PDF download
This Educational Small-World Turtles Sensory Kit is for YOU if:
- you are a parent, a caregiver, or a teacher of a preschooler or a kindergartener (ages 3-6 YO)
- you wish to stimulate play-based learning through simple yet engaging invitations to play
- you strive for less screen-time and more fun and educational activities with your kids
- you are tired of endlessly swimming in the vast ocean of social media, just to find an activity but not having the tools or knowing how to implement it
- you want to have a play-based learning kit where all the thinking and prepping was done for you so that you can spend time doing what you love
- you want to take action and play creatively NOW
Small World Sensory Play
Exposing children early on to sensory play in any age-appropriate, child-driven environment is the key to building confidence, knowledge, and mastery. Also, sensory play is extremely important for children as it supports language development, cognitive growth, fine motor skills, problem-solving skills, and social interaction. As your child learns through play, s/he triggers multiple neurons when tactile, visual, and language stimuli are sparked off! Besides, with this Turtles Life-Cycle Learning Kit, all the thinking and prepping were done for you, so the setup should be minimal. Most importantly, this Montessori-inspired small-world sensory play kit will offer opportunities for simple yet engaging activities that promote important developmental skills such as hand-eye coordination, body control, and dexterity.
Why Multi-Sensorial Stimulation
Did you know that combining the sense of touch with other senses helps build cognitive skills? In fact, pediatricians now advocate for simultaneous multi-sensorial stimulation! The nervous system is multisensorial right from its early development stage when a toddler, for example, uses a sense of touch to explore the texture of food, smell and taste to identify it, and the vestibular sense to sit upright at a weaning chair during food offerings. Thus, hands-on learning through the power of sensory play happens all the time! In addition to advancing fine motor control, children also develop social interaction, trigger language, and reasoning skills! Most importantly, during this process, they strengthen neurological pathways within the developing brain! Sensory play also helps develop new synapses between neurons, leading to a lasting memory and brain agility! Thus, I pay homage to the power of sensory play!
“Education is a natural process carried out by the child and is not acquired by listening to words, but by experiences in the environment …[as such] “growth comes from activity, not from intellectual understanding.” ~ Dr. Maria Montessori.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Warning: Choking Hazard! The kit includes small parts. Always supervise your children!
Note: Items may vary slightly from kit to kit and may not exactly match the pictures.
The price shown does not include sales tax or shipping costs.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to fight global warming
Skills Refined With Turtles Learning Kit:
♡ LANGUAGE SKILLS: Montessori 3-Part Nomenclature cards are very effective in developing visual matching and language vocabulary skills in toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners.
♡ PRACTICAL LIFE SKILLS: Practical life activities are the heart of Montessori education as they play an essential role in a child’s development. Practical life activities such as scooping or transferring small objects, such as water-beads/hydrogels offer many benefits such as the refinement of fine motor control, the development of focused attention, and preparation for writing and reading. “Montessori Practical Life is more than the wonderful feeling of doing real work, of being helpful to others, this work also sharpens valuable mental skills including planning, organization, task initiation, working memory, self-regulation, flexibility, goal-directed persistence, and sustained attention. These are executive functions of the brain, and are more reliable predictors of academic achievements than even IQ scores.”—The Universal Child, Guided By Nature by Susan M. Stephenson.
♡ FINE MOTOR CONTROL: when children exercise small-muscle-hand-control by scooping, pinching, transferring, etc, they develop the strength, dexterity, and control needed to manipulate many everyday items such as a pencil, spoon, button, scissors, zippers, and more … “He does it with his hands, by experience, first in play and then through work. The hands are the instruments of man’s intelligence.” ~ Dr. Maria Montessori. The Absorbent Mind.
♡ BILATERAL COORDINATION: the mastery of using both sides of the body at the same time in a coordinated manner.
♡ DEXTERITY, which is perfecting skills and ease in using their hands.
♡ HAND-EYE coordination, which is the ability to coordinate the information received through the eyes to control, guide, and direct the hands in the accomplishment of a given task.
♡ SENSORY PLAY allows children to understand sensory attributes while enhancing their vocabulary as they describe the texture. Sensory play also stimulates new synapses, brain nerve connections that boost future learning, reasoning skills, and problem-solving. Moreover, cognitive development is boosted as neural pathways are being formed when children explore their world through concrete materials and sensory experiences. Be it water-beads, cloud-dough, dyed rice/pasta or play dough, sensory play strengthen small muscles of the hands ~ aka fine motor control ~ as a child squishes, kneads, transfers, manipulates and so forth!
AND MORE …
You might also like Turtle Anatomy Montessori Biology Lesson ~ purchase HERE. *THIS IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD* This printable is part of Montessori Made-Easy Membership but is temporarily made available for individual sale.
INSIDE: WHO ARE TURTLES TURTLE ANATOMY TERMS EXTERNAL PARTS of a SEA TURTLE (learn, write, label) EXTERNAL PARTS of a TORTOISE (learn, write, label) EXTERNAL PARTS of a TERRAPIN (learn, write, label) Explore UP CLOSE COLORING PROMPTS TEST Your Knowledge QUIZ
My materials are created with high-quality images and are thoughtfully designed from the heart.
© 2021 Montessori From The Heart
My printables are subject to copyright law and are for your PERSONAL use ONLY. You may NOT share, resell, or redistribute them in any form. You may NOT gift, email, share, link or feature this PDF on any website, blog, forum, etc. You MAY post a picture of this material in action on your social media channels, and/or blog/website, etc., however, please TAG @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram and/or include a link to my blog www.MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
My materials are for educational purposes only, so please use common sense when implementing my lessons since I can not be held liable for anything that transpires should you follow any of my suggestions or tutorials. Always supervise your children while they are learning through play, especially with little ones as small items might be a choking hazard.
All of the activities in © Montessori From The Heart ♡ store are to be supervised by an ADULT. As the caregiver of your child, you are the best person to assess the abilities of your child. Please take note and be aware of a child who is still mouthing items or is unsafe with small objects that could be placed in the nose, ears, or mouth. The owner of © Montessori From The Heart ♡ disclaims all liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in activities in this curriculum. It is the caregiver’s responsibility to monitor the child. Use these activities at your own discretion.
Terms & Conditions:
- This product is to be used ONLY by the original downloader.
- This product is licensed for SINGLE use and is intended for ONE-FAMILY household ONLY. You may use it with your own multiple children only ~ NO friends or classroom use, please.
- Redistributing, selling, editing, or posting this item or any part thereof is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the owner.
- You may make copies for your personal use but will need to purchase a school license for use in multiple classrooms or schools in different locations ~ please email me anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com.
- When blogging or posting about these printables, please give credit back to Montessori From the Heart by hyperlinking to my website and tagging me as @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram, where you can also see the behind the scenes of Insta Stories where I share our daily homeschooling activities.
- You may NOT sell or host these files as your own.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- If you have any questions regarding this or other of my materials, please email me at anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
💡 WHY HANDS-ON LEARNING? ⠀ It allows little people to engage in kinesthetic learning by doing! Hands-on learning is the common name for ‘Experiential Learning’ – the philosophical term behind the method of immersing oneself in a process in order to learn it. Experiential Learning has been around since 350 BCE, when Aristotle wrote, “for the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them”. Most importantly, hands-on learning is uniquely positioned to support or elevate ANY type of learner! Best of all, research has proven that children who learn using hands-on methods with manipulatives outperform those who are not. What are manipulatives? They are physical tools engaging children visually and physically with objects such as figurines, blocks, loose items, etc. The use of manipulatives is constructive because little people are actively engaged in discovery by TOUCHING, TRANSFERRING & MANIPULATING during the learning process. ⠀
|Dimensions||11 × 8 × 4 in|