The easiest way to make DIY whale craft-stick puzzles for preschoolers and kindergartens on the budget using Ocean Book stickers.
Making DIY puzzles alongside your little one is an amazing activity to have some crafting fun! Besides, DIY puzzles cost you under $5, and the time you spend together crafting and creating is priceless! We have done this type of DIY puzzle for many holidays and unit studies, and it is always fun to make and even more fun to play with. Most importantly, it is very easy to make this Whales DIY craft stick puzzle as an ocean-themed preschool activity that will promote hand-eye coordination, spatial awareness, and cognitive thinking.
You will need for DIY Whale Craft-Stick Puzzles
- craft sticks (or use your recycled ice pop sticks)
- you can either use stickers (we are loving this Ocean sticker book) or you can draw your own picture
- a hot glue gun (we are using a low temp one)
- a Stanley knife
Instructions to Make DIY Craft Sticks Puzzle:
- First, arrange your craft sticks on a table. (Secure them with clear tape on the back. )
- Then, select a sticker and place on top.
- Thereafter, using a glue gun, secure that sticker to the craft sticks “raft.”
- Lastly, using a knife, carefully cut along each craft stick’s edge, so you will end up with loose sticks again.
Also, use animal figures (if you have them) to accompany your puzzle sticker. We are absolutely loving the humpback whale. The attention to detail is impeccable, and the size is impressive indeed!
Optional: As a control of error, write on each craft stick either:
- numbers 1-10
- the name of the object, for example, “fish”
- skip count by 2s or 3s or 10s
- you can even do a multiplication table
For More DIY Craft Sticks Puzzles, See Below
See HERE DIY Ocean Craft-Stick Puzzle and grab a FREE Printable!
For a detailed post explaining how to make this DIY puzzle, see here Shamrock DIY Recycled Popsicle Puzzle Skip Counting by 10.
Have you tried making DIY Whale Craft-Stick Puzzles? Leave a comment!
RECENT BLOG POSTS
This squeeze pouch-caps Christmas Tree recycled craft is perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners to refine fine motor control and practice color sorting.
This festive, colorful, and easy-to-make brown paper-bag turkey handprint is a fun Thanksgiving craft for all ages, making a perfect keepsake or a gratitude prompt.
Shop early and save on Montessori Toy-Gifts for babies, preschoolers, and kindergartners during the Black Friday sale event.
eBOOK | THE BASICS Bringing Montessori Home
“Our work is not to teach, but to HELP the absorbent mind in its work of development. How marvelous it would be if by our help, if by an intelligent treatment of the child, if by understanding the needs of his physical life and by feeding his intellect, we could prolong the period of functioning of the absorbent mind!”
Montessori MADE EASY MEMBERSHIP
Also, in case you are exhausted from swimming in the vast ocean of irrelevant information and saving activities you never get to! JOIN Montessori MADE-EASY membership! And if you do, the eBook THE BASICS is included in the membership amongst MANY other perks!
I am here to help! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!