Halloween Hands-On Kids Activities
Halloween Kids Activities Pack includes do-a-dot, toddler activities, pre-writing strokes, numeracy, literacy, shape color recognition, science, logic and more!
80+page Halloween Hands-On Kids Activities Printable MEGE PACK includes the fine motor, do-a-dot, toddler puzzles, pre-writing strokes to numeracy, literacy, shape and color recognition, science living vs. non-living, puzzles, logic, and more!
This 80+ Halloween printable pack is suitable for ages 15 months and higher, so I have toddlers through kindergarten age covered! Trust me, this Halloween Hands-On Kids Activities Pack will keep little hands busy and minds agile! Your little one will be strengthening small muscles of the hand, improving spatial awareness with many puzzles as well as advancing sensorial and visual discrimination, exercising scissors ✂️ skills, and much more!
*This is a DIGITAL PRODUCT* NO PHYSICAL PRINTED PAPER IS BEING SHIPPED*
Just CLICK | PRINT | GO and keep little ones happily engaged in ACTIVE learning! We all know workbooks are boring! However, children LOVE learning through HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES where little hands are dotting, imprinting, connecting, clipping, matching, and manipulating!
Experiential learning or “learning by doing” is an essential constituent of the Montessori teaching method. This pack was carefully designed to stimulate the senses and engage children in ACTIVE learning to support early development. Hands-on activities encourage “experiential” learning, as opposed to the more traditional comparably passive model of lecture and drill exercises. With this Halloween Montessori Activities Printable Pack, repetition is accomplished by having a variety of prompts with which to practice the same concept, thus leading to mastery of the concept. These activities will engage little hands and trigger various skills while young absorbing minds are soaking up information intuitively, spontaneously, and with ease!
SINGLE-FAMILY USE ONLY * Print as many copies for your OWN children, but please do NOT share with friends and do NOT use this printable as a classroom resource.
Having been sharing our hands-on invitations to learn and play on Instagram, I now offer a digital resource you can CLICK | PRINT | GO to save you time from endless research or preparations. My printables are designed to promote ACTIVE HANDS-ON play-based learning, making homeschooling FUN, EDUCATIONAL, and OPEN-ENDED. *If you laminate prior to use, you can use these resources OVER and OVER again! AND along with the digital download, you also get to see ACTIVITIES IN ACTION! So, you get a RESOURCE + ways to PLAY at your fingertips!
TIPS AND HACKS TO USE THE PRINTABLE
- To laminate, you can use an iron instead of a laminating machine. (I am using these thermal laminating pouches). HOW: set your iron at a low temperature, as if you would iron silk. To be safe, place plain paper OVER the laminating sheet and iron over it. (See HERE how I did it making a flower bookmark.)
- Alternatively, you can use sheet protectors and insert your pages into it, and then use a dry-erase marker.
- Cut corners can be pointy, so I am using a corner rounder.
- For a quicker and more precise straight cutting, I am using a paper trimmer instead of scissors.
- Buy rainbow dot markers HERE Or buy similar ones on Amazon HERE.
Inside Halloween Hands-On Kids Activities Pack
- PAGE 1 | Cover Page.
- PAGE 2: Table of Content.
- PAGE 3: [AGE 1 Y+] KID’S NURSERY RHYMES | POETRY ~ Read this poem to a child periodically. Research shows that children who have memorized nursery rhymes develop an early sensitivity to language sounds and become better readers.
- PAGE 4-5: [AGE 2 Y+] DECORATE A SCENE ~ Cut out the elements and place (or glue) them on a background. Optional: tape cutouts to craft sticks to make puppets.
- PAGE 6 – 13: [AGE 18 M +] DO A DOT | FINE MOTOR perfect for toddlers and preschoolers ~ use dot markers, finger paint or a pom pom dipped in paints to fill in the objects.
- PAGE 14-15: [AGE 15 M+] TODDLER HALVES/QUARTER PUZZLE | LOGIC ~ Cut out the cards along the dotted lines. Thereafter, cut each card in half/or quarter and invite a child to assemble the puzzle. (Optional: print another copy and leave it intact to use as control cards.)
- PAGE 16 – 21: [AGE 2 Y+] PATTERN ACTIVITIES (AB, AB; AABB, AABB, ABC, ABC).
- PAGE 22 – 23: [AGE 2 Y+] PRE-WRITING STROKES | FOLLOW THE LINE | mastering pre-writing strokes ~ see HERE a detailed post explaining pre-writing strokes, as well as different ways to follow the line. You can also trace in dyed rice or salt.
- PAGE 24 – 25: [AGE 2 Y+] SCISSOR SKILLS cutting strips ~ follow the dotted line.
- PAGE 26 – 30 : [AGE 3 YR+] SCIENCE | Living vs Non-Living (identification chart and answers is included).
- PAGE 31: [AGE 2.5 Y+] FOLLOW THE PATH | Trick -Or Treat?
- PAGE 32: MONTESSORI NOMENCLATURE 3-Part Cards in a Nutshell and how to use them.
- PAGE 33 -36: [2 Y M+] Halloween WORDS | Enreaching Vocabulary Montessori 3- part cards
- PAGE 37 – 41: [AGE 3 Y+] ALPHABET MATCHING | LITERACY ~ Match lower to upper case letters. Included is the order of presenting the alphabet according to the Montessori Language curriculum. Optional: laminate for durability before cutting.
- PAGE 42: [AGE 3 YR+] BREW THE POTION | Prepositions ~ positional or directional words are specific prepositions that describe a noun’s position relative to another noun such as next to, above, etc. Cut out the preposition labels and use them along with cut-out objects to brew the potion.
- PAGE 43: HOW TO USE STRIP PUZZLES.
- PAGE 44: BLANK CONTROL 5-STRIP PUZZLE for page 45.
- PAGE 45 [AGE 2 Y+] STRIP PUZZLE 1-5 | SPACIAL AWARENESS ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite a child to assemble the cut-strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order.
- PAGE 46: [AGE 3 Y+] SKIP COUNTING by 2s – EVEN NUMBERS.
- PAGE 47: [AGE 3.5 Y+] SKIP COUNTING – ODD NUMBERS.
- PAGE 48: BLANK CONTROL 8-STRIP PUZZLE for page 49.
- PAGE 49 [AGE 2.5 Y+] STRIP PUZZLE 1-8 | SPACIAL AWARENESS ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite a child to assemble the cut-strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order.
- PAGE 50 [AGE 4 Y+] *IMAGE ONLY 8 STRIP PUZZLE (hardest since a child does not have a numerical sequence as a control of error).
- PAGE 51: BLANK CONTROL 10-STRIP PUZZLE for page 52.
- PAGE 52: [AGE 3 Y+] STRIP PUZZLE 1-10 | SPACIAL AWARENESS ~ cut along the dotted lines and invite a child to assemble the cut-strips in order. Control of error is a picture and also the sequential numerical order.
- PAGE 53 [AGE 4.5 Y+] *SKIP COUNTING BY 10s PUZZLE.
- PAGE 54 – 57: [AGE 2 Y+] Montessori 1-10 COUNTING CARDS ~ Invite a child to use clothespins, a stamp, dry erase marker or a finger dipped in paint to mark the correct number among the (3) listed that represents the corresponding quantity of objects pictured.
- PAGE 58: Common Core State Standards
- PAGE 59: One-to-One Correspondence in a Nutshell ~ ROTE vs RATIONAL counting.
- PAGE 60: [AGE 2 Y+] DOT THE PUMPKIN | NUMERACY ~ Finger or pom pom paint each pumpkin and count each ALOUD. Connect counting to cardinality and practice numeral to quantity association and One-to-One correspondence.
- PAGE 61-62 [AGE 2 Y+] Numeral to Quantity Association Matching (answer included).
- PAGE 63 – 64 [AGE 3 Y+] SHAPE RECOGNITION | GEOMETRY~ Optional: laminate the page for durability and offer to trace over with a dry erase marker.
- PAGE 65 – 67: [AGE 2 YR +] COLOR RECOGNITION | SENSORIAL.
- PAGE 68 – 69 [AGE 2 Y +] FIND THE MATCHING HALF | LOGIC (answer included).
- PAGE 70 – 73 [AGE 2 Y+] WHAT IS DIFFERENT? | LOGIC ~ Cross out an object that does not belong or is different in some way. The objects are purposefully similar, but one is distinctly different. (Answers included.)
- PAGE 74 – 77 [AGE 2 Y +] I SPY | VISUAL DISCRIMINATION.
- PAGE 78 – 81: [AGE 2.5 YR +] CUTTING STRIPS | SCISSOR SKILLS ✂️ ~ cut along the dotted lines ~ see HERE a detailed post about the proper scissors skills, the progression, and at what age to start introducing scissors.
- PAGE 82: DISCLOSURE | INSTRUCTIONS.
💡 WHY HANDS-ON LEARNING?
It allows little people to engage in kinesthetic learning by doing! Hands-on learning is the common name for ‘Experiential Learning’ – the philosophical term behind the method of immersing oneself in a process in order to learn it. Experiential Learning has been around since 350 BCE, when Aristotle wrote, “for the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them”. Most importantly, hands-on learning is uniquely positioned to support or elevate ANY type of learner! Best of all, research has proven that children who learn using hands-on methods with manipulatives outperform those who are not. What are manipulatives? They are physical tools engaging children visually and physically with objects such as figurines, blocks, loose items, etc. The use of manipulatives is constructive because little people are actively engaged in discovery by TOUCHING, TRANSFERRING & MANIPULATING during the learning process.
DIY Laminating Tracing Hack
If you do NOT have a laminating machine, make sure to check out the DIY HACK below!
SEE HERE a DETAILED POST with a VIDEO HOW TO.
MORE Montessori Tracing Trays Ideas
ALSO, SEE THE DETAILED BLOG POST WITH VIDEOS HOW-TO HERE.
BELOW SEE HOW TO VIDEOS using a St Patrick’s printable (purchase HERE)
PUPPETS and DO-A-DOT
SEE A BLOG POST WITH DETAILS HERE
Research shows that children who are exposed to poetry and nursery rhymes at a young age, develop an early sensitivity to language sounds and eventually become better readers. And bringing poetry to LIFE with PUPPETS allows for hands-on ACTIVE learning, which spurs interest, promotes imagination, and ignites the love of learning! MAKE LEARNING FUN!
Dot-to-dot activities are wonderful for improving hand-eye coordination, and visual motor control as a lot of concentration goes into completing a dot-a-dot! A child is also practicing color recognition, shade discrimination, and matching! Working on a dot-to-dot is a great way to strengthen hand and finger muscles in preparation for writing. During early childhood (18M+), developing vital muscles children will be using throughout their lifetime is crucial. By holding a chunky marker, children are practicing rudimentary handwriting skills, which are a valuable pre-writing teaching tool. Children learn to discern and create shapes, focus on a grip, and learn how much pressure to apply to the paper. Fisted grip or palmar-supinate grasp is the FIRST pencil grip your 18M + will develop where movement is initiated from the shoulder by holding a marker with a palm and thumb uppermost. This is an important first pre-writing stage for little ones!
St Patrick’s Montessori Counting Cards
SEE DETAILED BLOG POST WITH VIDEOS HOW-TO HERE.
YOU CAN PURCHASE COUNT-AND-CLIP CARDS (included) SEPARATELY HERE.
You can either invite a child to assemble loose strips as a puzzle OR glue the strips to the BLANK control chart. You can also secure strips to the crafts stiks.
See an example with the Easter Puzzle below. (Buy Easter Pack HERE.)
PRINT on 8.5 x 11″ letter size paper. *Make sure to check off “fit to printable area.”
Follow the instructions on each page.
My materials are created with high-quality images and are thoughtfully designed from the heart.
© 2021 Montessori From The Heart
My printables are subject to copyright law and are for your PERSONAL use ONLY. You may NOT share, resell, or redistribute them in any form. You may NOT gift, email, share, link or feature this PDF on any website, blog, forum, etc. You MAY post a picture of this material in action on your social media channels, and/or blog/website, etc., however, please TAG @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram and/or include a link to my blog www.MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
My materials are for educational purposes only, so please use common sense when implementing my lessons since I can not be held liable for anything that transpires should you follow any of my suggestions or tutorials. Always supervise your children while they are learning through play, especially with little ones as small items might be a choking hazard.
All of the activities in © Montessori From The Heart ♡ store are to be supervised by an ADULT. As the caregiver of your child, you are the best person to assess the abilities of your child. Please take note and be aware of a child who is still mouthing items or is unsafe with small objects that could be placed in the nose, ears, or mouth. The owner of © Montessori From The Heart ♡ disclaims all liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in activities in this curriculum. It is the caregiver’s responsibility to monitor the child. Use these activities at your own discretion.
Terms & Conditions:
- This product is to be used ONLY by the original downloader.
- This product is licensed for SINGLE use and is intended for ONE-FAMILY household ONLY. You may use it with your own multiple children only ~ NO friends or classroom use, please.
- Redistributing, selling, editing, or posting this item or any part thereof is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the owner.
- You may make copies for your personal use but will need to purchase a school license for use in multiple classrooms or schools in different locations ~ please email me anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com.
- When blogging or posting about these printables, please give credit back to Montessori From the Heart by hyperlinking to my website and tagging me as @MontessoriFromTheHeart on Instagram, where you can also see the behind the scenes of Insta Stories where I share our daily homeschooling activities.
- You may NOT sell or host these files as your own.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- If you have any questions regarding this or other of my materials, please email me at anya@MontessoriFromTheHeart.com
This resource is highly easy to use with engaging graphics! It’s also comprehensive enough for Toddlers and Preschoolers to enjoy learning for a few years.
I bought it last year and my then 2.5yo didn’t let me put it away until Christmas!
Pair it with tracing medium or mini objects to make the pack even more engaging too. It’s gonna be another big hit with my kid this year!
Thank you so much, Maggie! I am so glad this printable has a long-life shelf and that Avery can enjoy it more now!
Very organized and easy for parents / teachers to identify activities for their children's ages. Also, very cute pictures and activities that my two-year-old daughter is enjoying.
Thank you, Ana, so much! I really appreciate you taking your time to share your positive experience and I am so glad your little ones are loving it! I have 25% OFF sale happening today with promo CYBER of any of my printables, like the WINTER one or NYE. Xo Anya
The Halloween pack created by Anya is so well-structured and easy to use! The design is the best I’ve ever seen, the colours are so pleasant, on the whole it is really gorgeous. The instructions are easy to follow, my daughter loved all the activities! A huge thank you for Anya for creating such valuable resources.
Thank you Marta for your sweet review! My heart literally lifted out of my body! I am soo glad you appreciated the aesthetic watercolor design and easy instructions! I truly put my heart in while creating my printables, so thank you for taking your time to leave this heart-warming review! Xo, Anya p.s. Today I have 25% OFF with promo CYBER off any printables